Powermaster acting up....again

Texas gn

I thought I had all of my powermaster problems behind me for a while. Until I was driving home and I applied the brake and that %&*%# brake light came on and the pedal got soft. Well, I nursed it home and while sitting in the drive way the light went off. I shut the car off and turned the key forward and I could hear the pump run for a few seconds and stop. “It was work correctly” However when I keep pushing the pedal on and off the brake pedal would go down and get softer and the brake light would come on then the pump would run turning off the light. I would also get my brake pressure back. Fluid levels are ok and no leaks to be found. Has anyone seen this before? Accumulator ball? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

You might have a problem but you should go through the Diagnosis procedures first. If you keep hitting the brake pedal it will depressurize the system and the Brake light will flash until the motor comes on. Some things to look at after driving and parking the car check to see if the fluid level rises back up on the passangerside resivoir. If you haven't cleaned your fluid nows the time. I was constantly getting a soft pedal biggest thing to do is replace your rubber brake lines. After I installed the braided Russell Kit the pedal was much tighter. A soft pedal will have more to do with air in your brake lines or worn rubber hoses rather than Power Master. Check for any leaks especially at the proportioning valve.

Yea, go vacuum! I went thru 3- F#$&^N powermasters and they are all junk, rebuilt, and new. Too expensive $400-$800 and for them to give you endless of problems, forget it. :mad: Went vacuum and never looked back.

Good Luck. :)

Thanks for the reply’s guys. Last year I rebuilt everything on the brake system. Went all SS and add s-10 cylinders, ect and the car held great on the line. Shortly after that the pump quit running and I found a broken solder on the pumps control board. I made the repair and things were perfect until the light came on a few weeks back. After reading the powermaster book and talking to Brian at GBody it is looking like the Accumulator ball may be going out. I am able to push the pedal to the floor while the pump is running and I have fluid and no leaks. Sound like the Ac ball? I have been given it some thought on the changing the unit over to vacuum….just about sick of this.

The plug on the pressure switch was the problem. The pump stopped running all together when I got the car home, I pushed down on the connection and it started working. Cleaned it with some contact cleaner and no more issues.…..so far.