powerlogger vs. boost guage

Turbo Steve

if my vdo boost guage reads 22lbs then I check out my run on the powerlogger it reads 20lbs which one is more accurate? I dont know if it matters but I tapped into the vacum line of my rjc boost controller for a boost guage source.

i would trust the powerlogger over a boost gauge any day

Really? everyone has their own opinion, i think i would trust the gauge, providing it's mecanical(which i'm assuming). Does the powerlogger just use the input from the stock MAP? Just my 2cents

Really? everyone has their own opinion, i think i would trust the gauge, providing it's mecanical(which i'm assuming). Does the powerlogger just use the input from the stock MAP? Just my 2cents

When you get PL, it's always best to get a seperate 3 bar MAP, and NOT use the stock MAP since it's only a 2 bar.
Assuming the guage is plumbed properly, they should read very much the same since PL is supposed to be seeing the same signal the MAP is sending the gauge.
There is a voltage offset in PL that needs to be checked. One must carefully measure the 5v signal feeding the MAP, and set that value into F3 screen "adjustments" for the ECM reference value.

To add to what Eric said, the "best" source is after the throttle body. This will allow the PL to measure not only boost, but vacuum.
There's little to no vacuum to be measured pre throttle body.

You see that steal one that comes off the vacuum block and runs along the intake on the passenger side all the way back by the coil pack?. That's the best one to T into. It's the same one that feeds the stock MAP.

Hey Guys, Sorry To Jump In Here,but Where Can I Get A 3 Bar Map Sensor And Does Anyone Have Any Part #'s?thanks!

I have the same problem, except my gauge reads 4 psi lower than my Powerlogger data. I verified the ref voltage at the MAP sensor at 5.01V. Maybe my AutoMeter gauge is not accurate? I'll have to figure it out somehow.