Powerlogger Update - Widows CE

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
It would be cool if the Powerlogger software were updated to be compatible with Windows CE.
(Widows, too :oops:)

These little netbook computers that run Windows CE are compact and light, perfect for the dragstrip. The small screens aren't so easy to see but they are perfect for logging runs. You can just transfer the log to an SD card and read it on a bigger laptop in the pits.

It would be nice to be able take advantage of those characteristics.

There are tons of tiny windows xp laptops and tablets. The sony viao ux280p is on ebay for next to nothing and is tiny as hell. The dell mini9's and 10's ,heck even the aquos tablets come in 5, 6, 7" etc inches.​

There are tons of tiny windows xp laptops and tablets. The sony viao ux280p is on ebay for next to nothing and is tiny as hell. The dell mini9's and 10's ,heck even the aquos tablets come in 5, 6, 7" etc inches.​

I already have a tiny netbook with Windows CE as the operating system, given to me by my son with the intention that I use it for logging passes. He isn't really a car guy, yet he was thinking of his dad and his dad's passion for his Buick.

I don't want to buy ANOTHER computer, yet I AM willing to pay for the updated software, should it become available.

I already use a secured tradional laptop set-up, but I want my passenger seat space back.

Therefore, I would like to see the P/L software updated to be compatible with Windows CE.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I do, however, appreciate the advice.

I just think that this improvement to the software would be well received and I would like to put the gift my son gave to me to the use he intended it to serve.

Mind me asking which laptop (model number brand etc). I may be able to walk you through installing windows xp on it if you like, I'm fairly computer literate.

I do agree with the sentiment though. It would be nice for a few different os options (mac, ios, ce, etc)

It's a:

Sylvania "Wireless Mobile Internet Device" Model - SYNET07526

Processor - VIA 8505
Operating System - Windows CE 6.0
RAM - 128 MB
Main Storage - 32 G SD Card
WLAN - WiFi 802.11 b/g
Ethernet - RJ 45 Port
3 USB Ports

Little thing only weighs 2 pounds!

Any help would be appreciated.

Ahh, sorry. Its not a x86 based processor, no way xp will go on it. Those are cool little laptops though size wise

So my delima remains the same,:( thanks for looking into it though.

Hey FULL THROTTLE, are you listening here?:eek: :D :eek: