powerlogger or translater gen II

big reazon

I am looking to have wide band tracking and have the aem wideband on order already. I currently dont have a translator but need one. I am trying to figure out which is a better setup. Option 1 get a regular translator, get a power logger and a tt6.1 chip. Or option 2 get an extender extreme g chip and translator II and save about 250. What do you guys think?

You're comparing apples to oranges..... the powerlogger can be used with EITHER translator and does what it's namesake says – it "LOGs" data – that is all. It provides the user with useful information so that he/she can tune their car. IMHO - with whatever translator you buy, the PowerLogger is a good addition to it.

The real question is which translator do you want to buy and how easy would you like to be able to make changes to your tune?

aaron

Gen II and extender extreme here. I also have an AEM WB. Works great with the Gen II. I'll be getting the Power Logger for Christmas!

Gen 2 here and not needed imo if you arent comfortable with how to tune and tweak things. If you arent then translator and ext chip

I'm am also running the GenII translator with Extender Extreme "G" chip, PowerLogger & AEM wide band and am very happy with the setup. :)

Not too difficult at all to make adjustments.....a bit of a learning curve just like anything else......just gotta read up on this stuff and if needed, you can get lots of help on the board from others who also run this setup.

I decided to go power logger, regular translator, and tt 6.1 chip with wide band tracking for wot

How has this worked out for ya??? I'm in the same boat right now with deciding how I want to go about w/band tracking....I have everything but the TT chip, but I'm leaning towards moving to a GENII and extreme chip??

How has this worked out for ya??? I'm in the same boat right now with deciding how I want to go about w/band tracking....I have everything but the TT chip, but I'm leaning towards moving to a GENII and extreme chip??
Havent dropped the motor back in the car yet. But I chose the route I did because it seems more user friendly.

I'm taking a Gen 2 out of a car in the Spring and putting in a TT 6.1 chip. It all boils down to what you can use the easiest.