Power windows work real slow ?

turbotaone

My windows go up and down real slow even with
the car running. What can cause this? I have a new
battery and alternator.

Thanks James.

I have had alot of therd gen camaro's and firebird's and not one of them rolled up fast.

There might be some tricks out there though. Good luck!

Ditto on the SLOW window action. The scary part is that they go down as slow as they go up. Mine drive me nuts. I even put TWO new motors in, lubed all of the moving parts, set the inboard - outboard bumpers a little "loose" and the damn things are not a nano-second faster than they were with the old (original) motors. That was a complete waste of good performance parts money !!! Turbota (#70)

Probably needs the same solution the GN's need - bigger wire throughout. But I will say that my TTA windows are substantialy faster than my GN - especially the GN's passenger side.

I swore I heard of some kind of kit or sort that helped it go faster. I really can't recall or I could be dreaming. Maybe I should ask or do a search on one of the 3rd gen boards.

GM used a small gauge power wire.

It may sound silly, but to make them work faster you really do need a power window "hotwire" kit that feeds the motors with larger gauge wire. Larger gauge = less voltage drop = faster windows.

Even my 98 Trans-am is really slow.

You'd think after all these years they could at least figure out how to get the windows to go up and down.

No wonder they quit making F-bodys. I would never buy another one, other than a TTA.

GM Sucks :mad:

> I swore I heard of some kind of kit or sort that helped it go >faster

Kirbans made a kit for the GN's. The story was a customer in South America needed them to avoid those killer bees. That might have been an embellishment by Dennis, but it was still a good story. Not sure if they still offer it....

>Kirbin's still list the kit in their catalog. Basicly what it is is a kit to make sure you get as puch juice (power - voltage) as possible to the window motor.

And yes my windows are also very slow.....

You need to upgrade ALL the wire. Power wire to the switch and wires going to the motors need to be upgraded. Put some sil guide gel inside the window tracks. I know mine were 100% dry.