Power Window Question?

daredevil95

Hi, My passenger window stopped working, the widow will go down but, will not go up. Ok, checked power to the switch and power going up and down, everything checks out ok. So, I bought a new power window motor and plugged it in before installing it into the door, the motor will turn on/spin going down but, will not spin/turn the other direction.....same symptoms as the old motor, I also bought a new switch for the passenger door and still, the same condition exists. So, I know the new & old switch is getting power and sending power in either direction, what is else could I look at that will cause the problem, I'm thinking maybe the drivers door window switch may be a problem and I will buy a new drivers door switch in the morning, also, maybe I may of gotten a BAD new motor, I will probably pull off the driver's door panel and plug the new motor on that side to see if it spins in both directions. In the meanwhile, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what else to check or suggestions and/or familiar with this issue??

Follow the wire/connection for the up signal. The motor you just got is IMO is fine (since it goes up), and the old one probably too.

Follow the wire/connection for the up signal. The motor you just got is IMO is fine (since it goes up), and the old one probably too.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing plus the driver's door switch that controls the passenger door window. This is gonna be a pain. Thanks for the reply.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing plus the driver's door switch that controls the passenger door window. This is gonna be a pain. Thanks for the reply.

While you are chasing wires, find the ground and make sure it had no resistance. This is usually the culprit besides motor for slow windows.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hi, solved the problem, hope this will help someone else out in the future. The problem turned out to be the drivers side power window switch wire connector. I pulled out the drivers side power window switch and found a wire hanging/not connected and another wire that literally fell off when I touched it, I jury rigged the 2 wires back into the plastic connector that plugs into the back of the switch and the passenger door window/motor moved up & down. Problem solved, so, the drivers side window switch could effect the passenger side window from working. I bought the new motor, this sucks, my original stamped MADE IN THE USA window motor worked fine and I had to exchange it as a core for the new motor that is probably Chinese made crap! I ordered a used plastic wire connector for the back of the switch off E-Bay, I'll splice this in during the week....when I receive it in the mail and then.....I'm good to go! The last picture is off the computer screen of the plastic wire connector from E-Bay and the other 2 are of the wires and a picture of it jury rigged back together, this would probably work/last for a awhile but, I prefer to use the correct OEM connector....or the way it should be.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 153