power window problem

AV62NV

my power windows work. the problem im having is that the passenger side window goes up like 2 inches at a time. i hit the switch and will only go up two inches at a time, have to let go of switch an repeat. i bought new switch thought that would be it but still nothing. when i went out for a cruise took my boy with and noticed he was able to roll the window all the way up with no pause. so i tried driver side and same problem. the window only goes up all the way from passenger side. any ideas what it could be?

It could be the passenger side switch is not passing the motor wire connections back over to the drivers side switch well.

It's a double throw switch so it has to make a connection when OFF as well to a wire that goes to the drivers switch.

Maybe it's intermittant, could also be a bad connection or wire to the drivers side but usually it's the pass. switch OFF contacts causing that problem if the drivers switch has just been replaced and is known to be good.

it also could be the internal circuit breaker causing a problem....bypass it by using the link in my signature or replace the window motor......

If it goes up fine from one switch and not the other it isn't the internal breaker. Start with the other switch. :smile: