power trunk relase question

86wh1

So heres my delma the car has the option on the rpo sticker and has the switch in the glove box but it did not have the popper on the trunk latch trunk looks original no signs of respray so I buy the popper at wrecking yard so how does it wire up I know the black wire goes all the way to the switch but where does the brown wire go it it hot all the time or what any help would be nice thanks 86 wh1:confused:

The black wire goes to switch.the brown wire should be ground.Is there a connector on the brown wire? mitchell shows black wire to switch does not show brown wire:confused: .The other side of switch is ground.Shows brown wire from 25 amp ac fuse to switch

I'm pretty sure the actuator is grounded through the trunk lid when it's bolted up. I would run the wire to a "BAT" terminal on the fuse block that way your not limited to only popping the trunk when the key is on.

trunk release works yeah!!!

:biggrin: Thanks to all that replied it works found a open in the black wire in trunk still would like to know why the car did'nt have the accuator on the trunk but at least it works .... thanks again 86wh1

:biggrin: Thanks to all that replied it works found a open in the black wire in trunk still would like to know why the car did'nt have the accuator on the trunk but at least it works .... thanks again 86wh1

Is this Philip? There can be only one WH1 in all of Ca. This is Aaron that had the blue Turbo T....How is the car treating you, when did it arrive?

I had my trunk release wired so it would work even with the key off, then when it was broken into for the third time, they used the button to get into the trunk and steal an Alpine amp and a JL sub:mad:

Didn't even have the alarm on since it was in my Dads backyard and it's extremely "private":frown:

................So, IMO, I'd leave it where you have to have the key on.