Power Steering Noise

BuickTurboSix

I have a noise from the Power Steering. It is a high pitched buzz or wine. Low mile car - But it is very annoying. It is like being low on fluid, but it is not. Any ideas on the cause?

Thanks - Tom

There is a different reservoir avaiable (factory recall)
OR
add some lucas power steering conditioner. Quieted mine down.

There is an updated ps reservoir and hose available from
the dealer. Do a search on this site and I think you'll find
part numbers for it.
I had the same problem and it went away after installing
these parts...
:)

** Can't find

I searched under "Power Steering" and "Factory Recall" but didn't find the refferece you are speaking of. Can anyone provide more details?

Thanks again.

I recently bought my new resevoir from the dealer..............but the hose isn't available from GM anymore. Forget which one it is, feeder or return hose. Some guys fabricate there own hose.

Please,please,please

try the lucas tx before you spend $$ and swap out the reservoir. It's only $5 or $6. My low mile 86 GN sounded bad(like a cat was caught in the belt) once it warmed up:eek: . I removed several ounces and replaced w/ the lucas stuff. That was over 5K miles ago, and it's still *completely* quiet. I'm now a believer!:D (if you've already tried it please ignore rant) Ross L

Just pretend you're driving a Ford where power steering noise is normal.:D Just kidding the updated p/s reservoir part#25531140