power plate ques.

MBR87GN

I just received my power plate today and it has no provision for the EGR.It says to drill for it if desired.My ques. is -Do I need the EGR function or is it just an emission device-can I do without?thanx

It is just an emission device you can do without. Without it you won't be recirculating any exhaust gas back into the intake.

I just installed my power plate yesterday and am very happy.

If you do not use the EGR-----is there any other changes that are needed:confused:

Geoff hall

If you drive on the street....keep the EGR functional. It is a simple hole to drill in the plate. I did it on mine and it took longer to find the drill bit in the toolbox than it did to drill the hole.

If you block off the EGR the car will run lean at part throttle....possibly giving you knock. You must tell your chip burner that you won't be using the EGR and he'll tune the chip.

Drill the hole.....keep the EGR.

If the car is for the track....then nevermind.

John

mine runs fine ...without the hole drilled for the egr... it doesnt give you performance if you drill the hole ....and it doesnt take away performance if you dont....i run 20lbs of boost all day with zero knock..... dont even waste your time

Originally posted by MBR87GN
I just received my power plate today and it has no provision for the EGR.It says to drill for it if desired.My ques. is -Do I need the EGR function or is it just an emission device-can I do without?thanx

Depends on whether you think you might need EGR go ahead and drill the hole.

It certainly WILL NOT have any affect on performance running a functional EGR system. The EGR is only functional during certain highway cruise conditions, and is out of the loop at idle and anything approaching WOT conditionsl.