Power Piston Outer Control Valve Removal

SSL86GN

How to do it please??? It is deep in the Power Piston Main Body and it ain't lettin' go.

Do I have to make another tool to extract this thing? The only O-Ring in the MC I can't get to for replacement is this valve seat.

Richard Clark helped put this kit together - I hope he has time to answer some questions about the kit because the only documentation that came with it is a list of the 14 O-Rings.

I also found the kit to be incomplete. Missing the seals for the piston assembly. I am going to another vendor for a complete set.

Well, it is just an O-Ring Kit and not a re-build kit but it seems like it would be MUCH BETTER if it also included the three seals in the 1.25" part of the MC bore - they appear to be critical seals.

I am just hoping Clark, or anybody, will offer an idea on how to get to that valve seat O-Ring. I am going to try to make a tool. I do not want to call RC because it appears that he has a couple of businesses and do not want to bother the man, interrupt the guy with a phone call, when hopefully he can come here when convenient for him.

I was recently telling some poster on the Yellow Bullet to come here for some answers for a Buick because "they know everything"...except maybe about Powermaster O-Rings

How to do it please??? It is deep in the Power Piston Main Body and it ain't lettin' go.

Do I have to make another tool to extract this thing? The only O-Ring in the MC I can't get to for replacement is this valve seat.

Richard Clark helped put this kit together - I hope he has time to answer some questions about the kit because the only documentation that came with it is a list of the 14 O-Rings.

Kirban sells the Book written by RC & John Norton that tells you how to disassemble/assemble the power master unit.

Looking at the power piston diagram, I don't know that there should even be an O-ring back there. The Kirban kit is the only one I have seen that even includes an O-ring for the apply valve seat. The Karps seal kit has a lot of important seals in it but it does not include that seat O-ring, and it's missing the little one on the internal control valve OD. I guess to get really get everything you need to get both the Karps and the Kirbans kits.

powermaster power valve released.png

Got it!
Made a tool out of some small needle nose pliers. Just bent the tips 90* out so when I opened the pliers, the tips grab the piston, and it was in there good.

Hope this helps the other Do-It-Yourselfers out there