Power Master question

bdgjr120

Just noticed brake fluid under car. Have read articles on switching over to vacum brakes but would like to keep car stock. the leak looks like it is comming from back of electric motor under resivor, but not from the hose going into the center, is there a seal around back of motor? Do they still make rebuild kits/motor? or do ithave to switch over. Thanks for any help.

You certainly don't have to switch over but once your pricing remaned PM units you may consider switching. I switched and have'nt looked back.

I would imagine orings can be replaced. You should 1st determine "exactly" where it's leaking from. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help from here from that. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Yes, try to determine exactly where it is leaking. It could just be the pressure switch. It sounds like it could be leaking there and then dripping on the back of the motor.
The old style pressure switch is black and prone to leaking. The replacement is gray.

pressure-switch.jpg

it is the grey pressure switch. Definaly leaking from back of pump housing, where it is slightly ressesed in, not from hose in center. Wondering if pump has seal/o ring in back. Saw that Auto zone has whole unit for 600. But thought I could just replace pump or seal. Thanks for the info.