Power master motor running constantly

mygrain

unregistered
I just bought an 87 T for a daily driver and the power master motor runs constantly. I thought they were only supposed to run just long enough to build up enough pressure in the accumulator and then shut off. The alternator barely keeps up with it. I tried just unplugging it but its way too hard to stop like that. Is there an easy fix or do I need a new powermaster?

upgrade

I could go on for pages in detail, but the powermaster unit tends to have problems. You have many options though, I am from a brake shop called Power Brake Service, but your best option is to go with an individual booster and master, you might have even thought about removing the powermaster and just go manual, but i wouldn't suggest that from a stopping distance stand point. But you can go with a traditional vacuum booster, or hydrailic. The hydrailic unit is the hydroboost, it works off of the power steering pump so you can run any cam you want and not worry about running out of vacuum. But if you have any questions give us a call and we can help you out. Our number is (800) 504 - 1060, and ask for Bob or Matt, we also distribute Wilwood and Baer disc setups

also

also i put a post in the parts section if the message board, it is titled "hydroboost conversion".