power master leak

jooset

I've got a slow brake fluid leak - few drops on the floor after a drive, wet undercarriage. Looking up from underneath - I see a couple of drops hanging from the bottom of the pump - so I assume the leak is coming from up there. area around the switch, accumulator, and reservoir are all bone dry. Any thoughts on what the culprit might be?

thanks,
Matt

passenger side (booster) is/was low. With ignition off, I pumped the pedal ten times and then checked the level - it was about a inch low on the scale on the inside of the reservoir. I think it had been seeping for a couple of days. I'm getting about a quarter size pool on the garage floor after a day after a drive (of course there is some on the frame where it is running down). I'm not racing or tailgating - driving conservatively....just in case I lose the motor. Just have to get 8 miles to/fro work. Thanks for the help.

it could leak from the reservoir grommets between the reservoir and the master cyl. The originals have steel inserts that rust and cause leaks. Kirban sells replacements.

It could leak from the pressure switch O-ring

It could leak from the accumulator O-ring

It could leak from the pump/motor. Or it could leak from the hoses. Hopefully it's not the pump/motor leaking because that's the hardest part to get in good condition.

Clean your check valve - It's located inside the fitting where the pressure line connects to the body of the master cylinder
If it gets dirty or corroded it wil make the pump drip fluid from back pressure
Be sure to pump the accumulator down first!

Well...I cleaned everything up...after I checked all the lines and even took of the M/cyl hose and the sump hose and cleaned them up real good and made sure they were properly secured; doubled checked the fluid level. Got in the car - brakes work fine, went through a couple cycles and checked under the hood. The only place there is any fluid moisture is at the ends of the pump on the bottom - mostly the front end. Everything was bone dry when I started. So it is absolutely not leaking from the reservoir, accumulator, switch or the two hoses I mentioned.

So I guess it's time for a new pump and/or PM or a conversion? Actually leaning toward a new PM...call me crazy.