Power Master Guru...

Anyone running the BEAR SS4 front brake upgrade?

I ask because that is one of my goals in the future...and If I change my current stock system to hydro or vacuum, I would like to know which of those systems would works best with that upgrade in mind.

But, for the record....I'm now leaning towards the Vacuum system...thanks to 87-WE2;)

I run the ss4 on both my cars. One has the ss4 on all 4 corners. Great setup for sure.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I run the ss4 on both my cars. One has the ss4 on all 4 corners. Great setup for sure.

do you run that set up with the stock braking system? or hydro ...or vacuum? I don't think it would matter to much...just wanted to know it will work on either PM, Hydro, or Vacuum.

Thanks

Hydroboost on one car vac on the other

One more question for ya Boost231.

Any issues holding (staging) your vehicle while building boost with the vacuum setup? 87-WE2 stated no issues doing that with his setup. It's not that I don't believe him, I guess I just need to hear it from another person...need more opinions.

I don't plan on installing a line lock or trans lock...or two step...ect.. I just want a good daily driver with an accessional track day for fun. I still want to be able to do burn outs and stage the car while building some boost for my launch.

appreciate your input.

Holding boost at the line is fine. I still think the brakes in these cars are weak but with the ss4 it's definitely better. You'll be happy with them for sure.

Ok...

Thanks to all that have shared opinions either on this thread or through a PM. I do believe I've come to a conclusion. I am just a couple of clicks away from purchasing a Vacuum system from Kirbans. I feel this kit will provide the predictability in braking and still allow some fun track days as well as reliable daily driving. I think, for my set up, it will provide everything I'm looking for in a brake system...about the only negative thing about it is the overall look of a Vacuum system...I've never liked the big ass brake booster...just ugly to me. But it not a show car...it's a go car! Right! and right now, she needs to stop as well, kinda important.

All in all...I've returned everything to Oreilly's and ordering the Vacuum kit w/pedal from Kirbans. I will keep you all posted on the outcome of the parts and install as well as the driving experience.

Thanks again to all
Delta Bravo

Last edited:
Great kit. Everything installed fairly easy...the pedal kinda kicked my ass...but I got through it.

Overall 'feel' is heavier and requires more pressure but it isn't bad, just different. She stops as good as before and I still build boost and keep her staged. I would do this again, but luckily I won't need too. Thanks Kirban for putting together a quality complete kit.

I have a used powermaster unit that I removed many years ago, It has the pressure switch and accumulator. I sold the GN many years ago and have no use for this. I am willing to part with it all for a reasonable price that the buyer pays for shipping from Virginia.

I have a used powermaster unit that I removed many years ago, It has the pressure switch and accumulator. I sold the GN many years ago and have no use for this. I am willing to part with it all for a reasonable price that the buyer pays for shipping from Virginia.

PM sent