Power master , fuse blown

TurboSkunk15

My car lost brakes a few weeks back. Been at my mechanics he said the fuse blew. He is still digging. My proportioning valve is leaking as well. Trying to find one now

What could cause the fuse to blow ?

Thnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine started blowing the last time the accumulater went bad. Pump was always running trying to build pressure. After the accumulator was changed the fuse kept blowing because the motor was tired. Why? Because it was always running trying to build pressure!

After 19 years with my Buick and getting to know the powermaster intimately, I decided to buy us a manual master cylinder for our 20th anniversary. Done.

unless its a 100% original show queen Its not worth the money or time to fool with a tired powermaster. Your time and money would be better spent to convert to hydroboost or vacuum. very easy to do and a fraction of the cost of a new powermaster.

unless its a 100% original show queen Its not worth the money or time to fool with a tired powermaster. Your time and money would be better spent to convert to hydroboost or vacuum. very easy to do and a fraction of the cost of a new powermaster.
If it's a stock show quality all original, I wouldn't even think of converting. I would just consider powermaster repair as just a form of maintenance like changing oil and plugs.

The minute you drill a single hole somewhere it aint stock. Brakes are too important to have them rely on a fuse........a component that is designed to fail!

Ordered my master and booster grabbed a check valve picking up a vacuum block and my pedal this weekend. Looking foward to getting my car back and being able to stop

you wont regret it. My only regret is I didn't make the vacuum change until after shelling out big bucks for 3 rebuilt PMs that lasted only a year or two each. If I converted after the original failed way back when I would have had close to 2k to put into other upgrades. I also would have not had the two separate scares that I had when the pm took a dump without any warning while under way.

I think I did pretty good getting the parts. Looks like it's pretty straight foward. Just getting the pedal out and in doesn't look like fun.

let me know how it works out.. I think im gonna go hydroboost. just need to get a parts list together

I did hydroboost for about $200. The main reason I chose it was I didn't have to change pedals. I had an 84 with the setup and have several trucks with hydroboost. Mine stops way better than a powermaster.
Do a search for cedar crest speed labs. That is where I got my list from.
http://www.ihadav8.com/forum/index.php?topic=4228.0

pretty much a bolt in deal, no fab required. even the brake lines bolt right up. under hood part a snap. under dash work a royal pita. I think there is razor wire under there because last time I did it my arms and hands were sliced up something good. Had to slide the seat all the way back and reclined and lay on it with my head under the dash.:eek: