power logger readings?

josh rosaaen

i have i just put in a new engine in my car and seems to run fine but get knock as soon as it builds boost. not sure if its false knock or real seems to run fine besides the knock. i did 2 logs both are from idle i did put it in drive and powerbrake it a little. i have good fuel pressure and oil pressure. the car holds 35psi oil when warmed up. and the fuel pressure 43psi at idle and rises with boost havent got on it cause have alot invested in it now and dont want to hurt the engine. please help is there any body around my area with a turbo buick.

Attachments

• 1.dat
    50.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.dat
    105.1 KB · Views: 24
I'm going to guess that something is hitting or vibrating causing false knock. Power braking at what appears to be 0 boost doesn't really put the engine under much of a load. I would check things like the engine mounts, downpipe at the top of the control arm for clearance, exhaust/tailpipes and if you don't find anything visually maybe remove the belt to rule out the accessories.

I installed hr poly motor mounts on the car but I'll look for anything loose and pry change out my plugs tomorrow and see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk