Power brake conversion?

HellOnWheels

HellOnWheels
Does anyone know if there might be an interference problem when using a 12" power booster as compared to a 9" version when doing a conversion from PM to vacuum?
Also, anyone selling a complete conversion kit?
TIA
Jerry

Kirbans performance sells a complete vacuum conversion kit. Use the search button you’ll get a ton of info on converting to vacuum.

I ended up using stuff off an '86 Monte SS including the dual diaphragm brake booster. I haven't measured it but I can if you like.
What brake booster were you thinking of?

I've run a 12" dual diaphragm brake booster from a B body and it fits with no clearance issues.
Have changed over to HydroBosst now and have the 12" dual diaphragm booster available if anyone is interested @ $50 + shipping

I've run a 12" dual diaphragm brake booster from a B body and it fits with no clearance issues.
Have changed over to HydroBosst now and have the 12" dual diaphragm booster available if anyone is interested @ $50 + shipping

Okay, thanks for the info.

I ended up using stuff off an '86 Monte SS including the dual diaphragm brake booster. I haven't measured it but I can if you like.
What brake booster were you thinking of?

Thanks GX1, I would appreciate that.

It is right at 9 in. Dia. I thought it was bigger than that. Hmm, where have I heard that before. Hehe

I love your Sig! Ain't that the truth.

I have a complete kit but I include the dual diaphragm 9" instead of that big ole 12" single UFO looking booster.

It is right at 9 in. Dia. I thought it was bigger than that. Hmm, where have I heard that before. Hehe

I love your Sig! Ain't that the truth.

Thanks GX1, I do appreciate!
I have a complete kit but I include the dual diaphragm 9" instead of that big ole 12" single UFO looking booster.

Earl,
What all does your kit contain, and pricing?

Thanks GX1, I do appreciate!

Earl,
What all does your kit contain, and pricing?

It comes with everything but brake fluid. The moneys can vary depending on if you want to upgrade the rest of the brakes as well. I also have a full set of DOT braided SS brake lines, and one last set of NOS USA made larger rear brake cylinders.

If you want, shoot me a PM with your zip code and I'll see what I can work up for a total to your door.