Power Antenna Problems...

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
I rebuilt my power antenna.. cleaned it out, burnished the stator where the brushes make contact, lubed it good, put in a new cable and it worked great...

then i was troubleshooting my cruise control circuit, had the cruise module disconnected and noticed the radio filter connector that goes into the "BAT" terminal on the fuse block was loose, I have the power for my radio tapped there..

I was trying to get the connector into the fuse block better, but as i was doing this, my radio was switching on and off, simultaneosly switching the antenna up and down...

well, i finally got it in, the antenna was up.. and now won't go down.

the relay clicks, and I checked for voltage and it is coming in at the relay.. i tried hooking up a 12vdc batter at the antenna to operate it directly, no dice :(

Did the self-resetting circuit breaker crap out? the motor die..?

Also, after all this happend, i went to test drive the car to test the cruise control, which now works.. and i get a code 31 for the wastegate solenoid.

ugh.. any ideas?

Power Antenna

Dont you hate when that happens?

I think your power antenna motor fried. I find it best to by a Delco Replacemnt and stick one of those in. Just takes so dang long to do.

I think kirbans picked up some real Delco Antennas. Bowling Green has been selling a replacment which required more modifactions to get the brackets mounted right inside the fender.

Larry

the latest

ok.. check the wastegate solenoid.. have about 36-ohms at the solenoid coil and it does open and close (checked by tapping it with a 12vdc battery).

My boost at WOT is 10-12psi.. so i know the actuator is doing its job :\

Wiring i guess?

As for the power antenna.. i was pushing down on it.. and got it to wind itself down.. it went down real slow and then once it reached the bottom is sped up and stopped.. ok, got it down.. then i get in the car, turn the radio on, and it goes up.. ok, good so far, then i rutn the radio off.. i hear the relay click.. and the antenna stays up :mad:

So, looks like I either need to yank it out and rebuild it again..or i think i'm gonna get rid of it and just get a glass mount type antenna.. and eventually have the hole filled in.

I rarely listen to the radio anyway

is it possible you have the 12 volt constant wire & the ignition power crossed? check your wiring.