Power Antenna Nylon Cable

SMS

Excuse the double post. My car decided to snap it's power antenna motor cable. I have removed the motor assembly from the car, and see from some other posts that replacing the nylon belt is possible. I may as well try to fix it. Where is this belt available? A link would be great. Thanks

Steve

Excuse the double post. My car decided to snap it's power antenna motor cable. I have removed the motor assembly from the car, and see from some other posts that replacing the nylon belt is possible. I may as well try to fix it. Where is this belt available? A link would be great. Thanks

Steve

How did you get the antenna down? Assuming it was stuck up

The antenna just pushed down by hand easily except for the last 2 or 3 inches. It goes up, it just won't retract and the motor runs constantly

The antenna just pushed down by hand easily except for the last 2 or 3 inches. It goes up, it just won't retract and the motor runs constantly
Let us know if you succeed in rebuilding it. I tried for 3 hours and finally gave up. I think I needed a third hand or something.

I just did mine the other day. Got the part #19151297 from the local GM dealer, price was $33. I told him come on can't you give me a better price, so he sold it to me for $25.
Tie some small string to the power cable to pull it back thru the fender to put it back in. I thought it was real easy to replace the cable, it was harder to get it back in the fender, especially by my self. When you put it back together plug it in first ( before putting back in fender ) and retract the antenna so there is about 5 inches sticking out, so when you put it in the fender you have something to grab onto when you stick the antenna part thru the hole. Then put the fender bolt in loose and put the top collar back on, and snug the collar up first then the fender mounting bolt. I found that info here Power Antenna Repair
Good luck,
Tarey

GMpartsdirect.com has the cable for $17.19 Thanks for the part#

steve

But shipping is probably $15. :biggrin:

I have one here. The part number is 22038195. I bought this from a dealer a few years ago.