power antenna and motor

MBKBJB

Hi,

My power antenna stopped going down and the motor will not quit running since it is not going down. I had to pull the cig fuse to stop the motor but, of course, that disables the interior lights, trunk light, auto locks and radio. Is there another plug somewhere that I can unplug (just for the power antenna motor) so that I can put the fuse back in until I get it fixed next week?

Thanks,
Michael

I think it is the 3 pin plug with the white, green, and black wires up in the corner by the heater fan and the PS fender.

Well, maybe, but from the front of the car with the hood up. Right in the passanger corner of the motor compartment. The harness comes out of and goes back into the fender corner. The fact that you can hear the motor run is good, that means that you will only need the $ 20.00 repair kit. Good luck in getting your dealer to order it, though. FWIW & IMHO: The replacement antenna that they would like for you to use is aftermarket junk, from shat i have heard. I mentioned it to my mechanic, and he refused to ust it. Said that he would repair and reinstall my antenna only if I buy the repair kit. There have been several discussions on the boards regarding this very same problem recently.

Yeah that's where it is......that's the first thing mine did after I bought it 5 years ago....if you don't need the power antenna Kirban Performance sells a "shorty" style fixed antenna which looks pretty cool....

I believe the motor runs on the green wire on the passenger fender. Snap! Instant fixed antenna. Wells is a perfectionist :D

Actually, I am too lazy to uncover and look under my hood, but I believe that it's a 2, 3 or 4 wire harness, with one of the wires being green. If you can't find it, let me know and I will go out and look at mine so I know what the hell I am talking about. I do know that it is a multiple wire connection, though, with a large connector right where you need it to plug or unplug it. GM must have forseen this dilema, about needing the connector handy, and bandaided it as they normally do things

So would that be my first picture? That is the one with a green wire but it is not in the corner of the compartment but is on the PS fender. The one in the corner is black, red and blue.

Just posted a third picture. Is it the one behind the harness that has HKP on it. It is in one strange place if it is.

Thanks.

wiring2

You are not going to believe this, but the harness contains 3 wires, green, gray, & white, and this plugs into a quick disconnect containing a green with white stripe, gray, & white. Pics available shortly on another site gimme a few minutes

Hey, dude, send me your e-mail and I will e-mail 3 pics for you.
Sorry, I do not have a place that I can host them quickly. If you send me and e-mail, I will send it right back with pics. I don';t think that you have the right location. Go back toward the heater box where everything meets in that corner. You might have to dig it out, as I think that it is generally buried back in then corner. Typing after guzzling a beer is not such a good idea

I am pretty useless when it comes to PM'S, I have MSN9 which blocks off stuff so well, it blocks everything that you don't want blocked also. Sent you an e-mail with 3 pics, sorry for the pic quality, I haven't figured how to turn off the flash yet. If you want to call I e-mailed you my phone No. Post on here thatyou are calling and I will get off of the computr to let the call go through

Thank you for the pictures. I found it but I had to take off the assembly that houses about 4 different harnesses. It ended up being behind those assemblies.

Thank you for all your time and help with this. Glad to have my radio, lights, and auto locks back without ruining the power antenna motor.

Thanks again,
Michael

Glad to be of help and to do something actually constructive for a change, and excuse for beer. BTW: GM parts direct sells the repair kit for about $ 12.00, and probably about $ 8.00 for shipping and handling. The part no is 22038195. If you go to GM parts direct and plug in that part no. it will show it. I don't think that the GM dealers will order it for you or use it anymore. Evidently, they can't make any money selling repair kits for $ 25.00 when they can sell you an aftermarket antenna that is a real POS.

Thanks. Plugged in part number and the cable popped right in.

Cable $11.27
shipping $7.95
total $19.22

Hopefully will be here next week. :)