Poston's NOT RECOMENDED!

blckgnx

Older Member
I just finished another "Bad" experience with Poston's. It seems they don't carry very much of anything that is their's. I purchased a new TE44c turbo, and was told, "It was in stock". Wrong, they are selling Limited Engineering turbo's (which, unknowingly I had already talked to and they didn't have any T44's in stock). Worse, they sat on the order for over a week before they even ordered it, from another company? Almost a full "Month" now, and finally got it. Who warranties it now? Limited, or Poston's who never even touched it? Very, Very poor business tactics, though, probably very profitable!! I'm going to be spending over $15,000 on this car and guess who it won't be with!!! Ron

Do you think BestBuy makes all of the TV's, VCRs, DVD players, etc. No they are the distributors and represent you, the consumer. If there's a problem you go to Bestbuy and they will refund/exchange with no questions. Try dealing with Sony direct...think not.

Same deal with online distributers such as Summit or Postons. The manufacturer warrenties it but you deal through Postons. If they sat on the order for a month, well it's their fault.

I have ordered several items from them and always found them to be courteous and prompt. I don't know what happened in your case. Sorry to hear about it, though. This is just my experience with them.

I understand what your'e saying, however, Summit and Best Buy purchase their products from the manufacture, then sell it to you. Poston's collected my money, telling me the product was in stock, then they ordered the product from another company (Limited) to have them send it to me. Not illegal, but very unethical. Then when I called, to complain that I had not received the product, they did not offer to make it right. My two bits worth. Thanks for listening though. I feel better now. LOL Ron

im not a pro at this,but most companys do this and its called drop shipping..they get a better price than you can from a company,because they sell alot of a certain product..they in return sell the product for the same price or close to the same price as you could get it direct from the same company..then when you call to order it,sometimes they check stock(from other company)and sometimes they dont..then sometimes when they go to order it to be shipped to you,they find out its back-ordered and then sometimes they call you and let you know and sometimes they just wait for the product to come in,hopefully before you call all mad at them...most products are not stocked at many vendors,as they would have too much money out of pocket and on shelves which would not benifit them to sell a product for little profits. ....i personally would make 100% sure a item is in stock and if the company i called was wrong about stock,i would immediatly call my customer and give them a option,but sometimes the other compant dont let you know they made a mistake:confused: sometimes its a no-win.........................o.k buisiness owners....how did i do explaining that;)

BLCKGNX- Get over it and move forward. I went through 3 stock 85 Poston turbos and they all failed. The reason way my fault due to presurized block. Postons stood behind there warranty for the first 2 turbos. I then called Limit and had them rebuild the number 3 Postons Turbo Runs great. Limit also diagnosed my pressurized block problem. This turbo is my spare. I had Limit build me a TA33C(In your world ~Ta49) and it runs great. Limit builds excellent turbos. The only issue is cost. Dealing with Limit on the TA33C was $930. Good Luck. Brad

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't have any issues with Limit, and have heard really good things about them, here and others also. Going to try getting everything together this coming weekend. Thanks, Ron

I have had good and bad experiences with them, 2 good 1 bad! I ordered a waste gate that i needed next day aired for a race that weekend, to make some money at the race track that weekend, never showed up, called and shecked they didnt have it in stock!! said it was in stock took almost 2 weeks, and finally got it costomer service was horrible when i used it, and they would not return the money for next day air which was a substantial amount, because they still sent it next day air when they got it in stock. That was Bull@#$t and also was the terminantion of me ordering from them.

Dan

Ive had no problems with them even on returns, including a 3' cat.
They gave me my money back when I returned it unused after 1 1/2 years!

postons

I Have Spent Thousands With Postons & Have Had Very Few Problems. The Few I Had Were Corrected Immediately. Very Highly Recommended.

poston's enterprises

I've spent over 3k with tony at poston's and never had a problem with any of their parts,even a stock turbo that was from limit.they are distributors for different companies as well.Tony is a stand up guy and stands behind all of his products.I even had the chance of meeting them in person at several events.I wouldn't hesitate to buy something from poston's if I needed it.

I just finished another "Bad" experience with Poston's. It seems they don't carry very much of anything that is their's. I purchased a new TE44c turbo, and was told, "It was in stock". Wrong, they are selling Limited Engineering turbo's (which, unknowingly I had already talked to and they didn't have any T44's in stock). Worse, they sat on the order for over a week before they even ordered it, from another company? Almost a full "Month" now, and finally got it. Who warranties it now? Limited, or Poston's who never even touched it? Very, Very poor business tactics, though, probably very profitable!! I'm going to be spending over $15,000 on this car and guess who it won't be with!!! Ron
Poston S**** Worst Company Ever
GNXJAMES548 !!!

An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of Cure

"An ounce of info is worth a pound of manure"

Try to eliminate "drop-shipments" by simply
going to their source whenever possible.

Always, always, always ask if your items
are in stock, get the person's name, ask for a
tracking number to be e-mailed to you when
shipped, and tell them you will cancel the order
if your card is charged before it's on a delivery truck.

Most of the above is standard-operating-procedure
for most, but not all, all the reputable vendors.

So, to prevent most probs, take the time
when ordering to ask & advise the above.

Postons

I've ordered from Postons many times. Once they stopped carring a part so they gave their venders #. Sorry things did not work out for you,but I have never had a problem. Thanks Forrest

Ive had more than my share of bad experiences with part delays, and faulty parts, and no one wanting to cover the warrenys. DONT GET ME STARTED!!!:mad:

Sorry you had a bad experience... Long time Poston customer here since 1986 for both my Buicks. ZERO problems and great customer service.:)

im not a pro at this,but most companys do this and its called drop shipping..they get a better price than you can from a company,because they sell alot of a certain product..they in return sell the product for the same price or close to the same price as you could get it direct from the same company..then when you call to order it,sometimes they check stock(from other company)and sometimes they dont..then sometimes when they go to order it to be shipped to you,they find out its back-ordered and then sometimes they call you and let you know and sometimes they just wait for the product to come in,hopefully before you call all mad at them...most products are not stocked at many vendors,as they would have too much money out of pocket and on shelves which would not benifit them to sell a product for little profits. ....i personally would make 100% sure a item is in stock and if the company i called was wrong about stock,i would immediatly call my customer and give them a option,but sometimes the other compant dont let you know they made a mistake:confused: sometimes its a no-win.........................o.k buisiness owners....how did i do explaining that;)

Did just fine:D - wish more folks could come to grasps with those simple ideas!

Another couple of facets to consider- some companies prefer NOT to deal with a retail customer base, preferring to have their vendors take the retail heat instead. That way, they can (the manufacturer) can focus on what they do best.

Secondly, a supplier may have stock at the time the order is placed, but there's a chance that orders in the pipeline have already accounted for that part- some inventory control programs don't debit the part from stock until the invoice for billing is printed.

Not making justification for your experience, but just pointing out some of the stuff that could happen.

There is NO excuse for a lie. If they didn't have the part in stock then they should have said so......easy and simple.