Poston

They have gone the way of the dinosaur I'm sorry to say. Eric is suposed to tell us when the auctions are to begin.

tell me its not true

I have been waiting to get a set of poston headers just my luck.:frown:

There are altenatives for the 86-87 headers but those of us that have the eariler ones don't have that choice.

kirban 2 cents worth

Yes, Poston has folded its doors.....

the bank or company representing the bank out of Texas contacted some of us interested parties....I did bid on a bunch of items but was told that someone did make an offer for everything and it was accepted by the "bank".

That happened maybe 2-3 weeks back. I have no idea who that someone or what company it was since the parts would cover older GS models and turbo parts....there was no left over headers in the mix that I saw on the listings.

On that note, a major company that deals with the company that made the Poston headers is getting them made for deliver next year and we fully expect to have them available. I can attest to the fact in talking to Richard Clark the "China" made ones you see on the internet in the $200 price range do not fit properly. This is not to imply all of them don;t fit as I do not know how many versions exist for such a small market.

So, its best to be patient.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We did however purchase several hundred of the facts & figures books from Postons inventory from one source.

Thanks for the info Dennis. Are they planning on making both types of headers or just the ones for the 86-87 cars.

kirban 2 cents worth

1986-1987 only at this point....like everything else its a big committment small runs and in the midst of a terrible economy and winter time to boot.

Anything made for these cars is a big investment and gamble. I know the guy personally that did the grills and bezels it will be awhile before any profit is realized.

Its a game of numbers. If we had Mustang production numbers the reproduction picture would be a lot brighter.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Should get your tastykakes maybe tomorrow?

I'll send you an email later Dennis. I did a little research while I wasn't working and your input would be useful on it. It pertains to the HA and C/T header designs. I think you'll find it interesting. About to go to bed so I'll do it tomorow. Pics included so you can see what I found out. It may be the clue to making them faster.