Poston Headers (FYI)

JeffG

Drive it like u stole it
Just as an FYI to those of you who have bought Poston headers. Make sure they are leak free before you put them on.

I just got my second set from them that leak right out of the box.

The first set had flanges that were not flat and an incomplete weld on one of the exhaust tubes. Looked like whomever welded it missed the joint and welded up on the tube. Left about an 1/8 to a 1/4 leaky joint. It was on the passanger header (center tube wher the tube meets the colletor pipe).

The set I got yesterday (set #2) both leak. The drivers side has a pin hole leak in the same spot as the first set. the welder did not over lap his start and end points and left a little hole. The drivers side header leaks at the head flange to tube weld.

I taped up all the holes and applied few psi air of pressure to the headers, then sprayed them with soapy water. They blew bubbles like crazy.

This is not a bash on Postons. They are trying to get me a good set and say they are going to work with their supplier to fix the issue. Only problem is they only have one set left in stock. Hope the ones on the way look better then the last two.

i bought just the driver side from them about a year ago...mine fit perfectly and no leaks not even using a gasket...

mine leak. i just bought my car and it is one of the things wrong with it...i thought that it couldn't be cracked b/c they are pretty new but....no....took it off and bam...grand canyon style on the drivers side...passenger side is not as loud but i think I see a crack there too...whats the deal with these? I thought Poston was supposed to be good...I hate exhaust leaks and its a bitch to put these on and off...should I repair it or change it? I dont know!

Call them and they will replace them for free.. even though that dont really fix the problem.

are you sure they will replace them? even though they arent that old, i did not purchase them, the person who owned the car before me did. although I do have the receipt.

How new is new? I have gotten my thrid set from them and finaly, a leak free set. I will be putting them on with the a new motor install here very soon. I'd like to get an idea how long these will last. I have seen many on this board go years without problem. I was hoping to be one of those people too.
Thx,