Poston header crack

mrtpolson

I have a large crack between the rearmost two tubes on the Poston driver's side header. They have a lifetime replacement policy, but I gasket matched the ports, and would hate to look at repeating that more than once.

I am posting to ask how many others have experienced this, and if there is a preventive measure. Poston's comment was that it happens on cars that run lean, but my O2s are never below 800.

From what I've read on the board over the years, very few of them crack. Warping, and not sealing is more common.

JB weld sealed mine, (Poston Headers)believe it or not. No exhaust leak now!

The JB weld held??? That's amazing. How long ago was this done?? I need to weld my drivers side, and this is the second time.

OOps, let me be clear, the JB was used to like a gasket to seal an exhaust leak. Not to hold anything together.

use this

jb weld is only good to 500 degrees,this stuff is good to 2400.Go to finishing supplies and click pyro putty.:cool:

Had the same problem with mine, although I got my replacement from Kirban (looks absolutely identical to the Poston). Blew the weld out between the primaries at the collector. Car was running slightly lean at the time.