Posting Pictures? Why not??

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Ok, I've justb been wondering why on this message board we cant post pics? I know that requires a server with alot more free room, but what if people that wanted to post pics would pay a small annual fee? Just curious to hear from the person/persons that run this place. Because I know myself and others would really appreciate it instead of always having to e-mail pics ( especially if you have dial up.) Thanks Guys

You can still link to pics. There is no real difference except if people want to see the pic, they will click the link. No need in forcing everyone who wants to read the thread load the image if they don't care to.

well the only difference is you have to find a place to host them. some require a fee, I've seen some free ones but you have to sign up and so on. I just thought it would be easier to have a thread and "attach" a pic instead of having to mess around with another server. I thought there would have been more interest in this.

Originally posted by Yedi
well the only difference is you have to find a place to host them. some require a fee, I've seen some free ones but you have to sign up and so on. I just thought it would be easier to have a thread and "attach" a pic instead of having to mess around with another server.

So you want US to host people's stuff? Sorry, but we are strapped as it is. This is a message board board community, not a web hosting company. There are free image hosting companies out there like Yahoo! Photos, WebShots, etc. that will fit the bill.

How much $$ do we need to raise to get this option? If the 7,793 members, or at least the ones who want to add pictures, got together and donated even a little$$, can we get this feature? ERIC.:)

A nice genture, but there is more to it than just money.

Like I said, you can always link to pictures.