Posting for a friend **2000 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec**

If interested email him at cosseyowns@gmail.com

Chris said:
The time has come for me to part ways with a car that has made me damn happy in the short time I've owned it.

Up for sale is my 2000 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec

Mods:
Custom intake manifold
Custom throttle body
Custom intercooler piping
Custom orange/red-ish powder coated valve covers (story on that after)
Custom red leather rear seats and inserts on doors
Custom catch can setup
Nismo twin-plate Coppermix clutch
Nismo clutch slave cylinder (not installed, but comes with)
Nismo gauge cluster (black)
Nismo clutch line
Nismo Weldina exhaust
Megan racing downpipe
GT Spec front strut bar
GReddy Type-S coilovers
GReddy Type-R BOV
Grex 256/256 cams
Grex valve springs/retainers
Solid lifters
Cryo-treated transmission input shaft (story on that after)
Volk SF-Challenge wheels 19x9.5 +15
Bridgestone Potenza S02 Pole Position tires 275-35/19
Alpine CD player
Tein bonnet dampers
Works Best quick release steering wheel hub
Works Best steering wheel
Apex'i PowerFC w/ Commander and D-Jetro (sp?) so it is now MAF-less and runs good.

I bought the car April 2009, with dreams and aspirations to build it into an amazing street car. Three days later, I took it to the local drag strip and ended up snapping the transmission input shaft at around 800ft (~244m) down the 1320ft (~402m) track, and still coasted to a 13.5 @ 88mph. I was never able to get a full pass out of the car. A few days later, the teardown began to see what exactly caused the issue. It turns out the previous owner had a shop do the work to the car and they didn't exactly seem to know what they were doing. The transmission bellhousing was held to the engine block, but missing 3-4 bolts. The clutch that was in it was an Exedy triple plate solid hub. That was a big mistake. So after finally sourcing all of the replacement parts (shaft, clutch, miscellaneous gaskets and such), my good friend and highly trusted mechanic took a look further into the car and found a few other things wrong with it. It was a cob job, not going to lie to you. He fixed everything, and added a catch can as well to battle an oil leak out of the crappy breather filter that was installed. He did an impeccable job, everything was/is perfect again.

While it was apart, I decided to go with a more streetable clutch, and after much research, decided the Nismo twin-plate Coppermix was just what I was looking for. Great clutch with great reliability. I also decided to add in a Nismo clutch line and Nismo clutch slave cylinder as well. I replaced every gasket that he found to have any sort of leak or imperfection that he could find. I also put in the Nismo gauge cluster, because I planned on having the car rev higher than the 8200-8400rpm it currently does. The car came with Bride seats, and I solt them immediately, as I'm a fat dude. Fat dudes don't fit in Bride seats. I ordered a set of Recaro Sport Toplines (heated, fanned, power recline, lumbar support), that will be included if the car goes for my asking price. Other wise, a set of Corbeau reclining seats will be in the car.

Exterior, the car is mint. No issues whatsoever except that it's missing one of the grill covers for one of the holes in the bumper (you'll see in pics)

Interior, the car is spotless. No stains anywhere, and the car will have brand new seats in it upon delivery.

The car has under 18,000mi (~29,000km) on it. I will include the original gauge cluster in it as well just so you can see. It runs perfectly fine, just a little rich though, as I haven't gotten it re-tuned since I got it all back together.

I've had the car 6 short months, with the car seeing the road maybe 10 times in my ownership, otherwise it's been in a covered garage. Here in the US, the car is a real head turner. It was fun to drive, and an interesting experience to say the least. I may regret selling it, who knows, but the car does need to go. It has a NYS title, VIN available upon request through PM's.
I am willing to ship the car anywhere in the world, but the buyer is responsible for it all, except for me possibly bringing it to a port as far away as NYC.

Asking price: $68,000 USD or 45,745 EUR or 41,680 GBP or $70,700 CAD or 6,179,925 JPY or $74,200 AUD.

All prices are as of 10/19/2009 exchange rates and rounded up/down as I see fit. They may go up or down depending on the exchange rate based on ww.xe.com . Payment is accepted in the form of wire transfer only, unless here in the USA, in which certified bank checks from a nationally known bank will be accepted. Car will stay in my possession until payments are fully cleared.

Thank you for your time, and please keep haggling on the forum to a minimum, please use PM's for that.

-Chris
IMG_4727.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

Interior.jpg

OffsetTag.jpg

Looks nice, Im sure it runs good, but sounds a little to optimistic on the price, based on upgrades and year, especially in this economy, when all bue book prices, are now black book average? Good luck eitherway

yes to the right buyer no doubt, but not the norm. Kind of like my stage car, its worth more to one buyer then another, so know real book V on it

Judging by the price I don't think this car is legal, if it was it would be about 15K more. There is also no mention of the paperwork or a picture of the import tag. He is probably parting with it because the feds are cracking down and going after all the illegal Skylines again, even Kaizo cars have been taken. Such an amazing car, its a shame we are not allowed to have them here.