Possibly helpful information for y'all

wv-t

I found someone on ebay making stainless valve cover bolt sets that match all the odd stock sizes. I won this auction, but the seller said he was making more sets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271336533004?item=271336533004&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Also, I am trying a product on my drivers side exhaust manifold crack. It's called Thermo Steel High Temp Metal Repair. Comes in a small can, and claims strength increases with heat. Too good to be true?

I found someone on ebay making stainless valve cover bolt sets that match all the odd stock sizes. I won this auction, but the seller said he was making more sets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271336533004?item=271336533004&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Also, I am trying a product on my drivers side exhaust manifold crack. It's called Thermo Steel High Temp Metal Repair. Comes in a small can, and claims strength increases with heat. Too good to be true?
I'd say the manifold stuff may be the best bandaid but still just a bandaid... Anything short of stop drilling and welding is probably just a temp fix.

I wouldn't put that goop on your header. When it fails and you want to fix it right the 2nd time, that stuff might mess up the welder trying to fix it. Or give you a compromised weld that will fail again soon.

I made a set of fasteners like that a while back using SS socket head cap screws. After I got them assembled together I didn't like they way they looked. For the money a normal set of SS socket heads look better on the car.

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/parts-sale/108210-super-groovy-stainless-steel-bolt-kits.html

New I wouldn't put that goop on your header. When it fails and you want to fix it right the 2nd time, that stuff might mess up the welder trying to fix it. Or give you a compromised weld that will fail again soon.

Earl is right on the magic goop for exhaust repair. If you can't get all the goop out then you can't weld the area where that stuff is trapped due to not being able to reach it with anything to remove it.

Do yourself a favor and have it done right the first time and take it to a reputable welder or buy a new header.

Band-aids are to get you home in a pinch not for any kind of temp/permanent repair.

Magic goop went on already. Friday evening. Wifey won't want me buying new headers right now because I spent so much on the car this year. This will tide me over until later. But, guys, what if it actually works??? Feels hard and metallic today. Wifey calls it "The Money Pit" and "The Gift That Keeps On Taking." I don't have a parts washer, and she caught me coming out of the shower with a valve cover, and she said, "I remember when you used to shower with me." So 25 dollar can of Magic Goop will have to do for now.

all jokes aside, you have two forces working against each other than can not mesh. You need to choose between your wife and the car.

all jokes aside, you have two forces working against each other than can not mesh. You need to choose between your wife and the car.
And the tie goes to (drum roll please) the Car! Jokes aside, if you have both the wife probably needs to take priority, so if goop is the answer to get her back in the shower, I have to agree. I don't have one of those anymore, so my friends look at me and roll their eyes; you bought WHAT for Granny's car?o_O