Possible turbo issue

BigTady

All,

I just really got the car all back together and took it for a spin. Please cut me some slack is what I'm about to say is normal... Lol its my first turbo car. When I push the gas I hear the turbo right away starting to wind up, then I start to hit it good (not floor it) I hear the turbo starting to build boost and then power kicks in and when I lift off the Gas I hear a "shutter" sound kind of like something is rubbing or failing.

Normal or something jacked up? It does not sound healthy to me.

What you are hearing is normal.

The turbo spools up and is forcing air into the cylinders. When you lift off the throttle, the throttle body blade closes and that turbo is still spinning.
The air has to go somewhere so the air is forced back through the intercooler and the mass air flow sensor. You hear it because the air comes out of the air filter.

Once the turbo is out of boost everything sounds normal again.

You are not hurting anything that is a turbo under normal operation.

Haha, that guy is really happy. And yes that's exactly what I'm hearing. Glad to know everything is just fine

ahhhh yes that's music to my ears. I also like the spool up whistle/whine and the flowmasters at cruising speed! yes the unique sounds of a turbo buick guess that why Its the one car ive kept for 21+ years!