Possible Spring Shootout @ KCIR

Hey Steve,

Have you gotten anyone to bite?? I know one of the things that has you and I spoke about in the past was it being a money loser. I would be willing to pay abit extra to help out or intice someone to pull the trigger!:biggrin:

I would love for this to happen again! It is truly a great time, and well worth the price of admission!

I seriousely doubt it will happen this spring. There's just too much going on, and on top of that I might not have the car done this Spring anyway. It was the highlight of my racing season also and I would be willing to pay more also. Maybe we'll try again in the fall once things calm down around here.

Sorry to get everyone all wound up. If I do get the car done sometime this year, I would be willing to come up for a T&T @ kcir if some of you guys were gonna be there.

Steve

Is there any place in the middle maybe we can get something started that way for a test and tune night. We certainly appreciate you trying to get this off the ground though. J

There has been some talk with some friends about renting the track. Not a Shootout but a private track rental with as many people we know to join in with the idea to keep any rowdys away. I'll bug my buddy that originally had the idea. Good to know we could have a decent head count with the Buick guys.

I would be game for anything you guys can put together even if I have to borrow a car to race.

There has been some talk with some friends about renting the track. Not a Shootout but a private track rental with as many people we know to join in with the idea to keep any rowdys away. I'll bug my buddy that originally had the idea. Good to know we could have a decent head count with the Buick guys.

Let me know. I can certainly get a few people on board with that. Please keep me informed if you get something going.

Sounds like fun. I would like to bring down the car and make a few passes.
I'll keep watching.

The Midwest Shootout will definitely not happen this Spring. Just way too much going on. Maybe we'll try for the fall, or maybe just come up for a different event. I look forward to another shootout if it ever happens again.

Steve

The Midwest Shootout will definitely not happen this Spring. Just way too much going on. Maybe we'll try for the fall, or maybe just come up for a different event. I look forward to another shootout if it ever happens again.

Steve

Any word on a fall shootout?

Nothing yet on a Fall event. I know Todd has tried to call KCIR and they have not called him back yet. I'll ask him again next time I see him.

Steve

Nothing yet on a Fall event. I know Todd has tried to call KCIR and they have not called him back yet. I'll ask him again next time I see him.

Steve

Thanks! Just keep us posted.......How have things been for you? Anything new with the car?

Nothing new with the car yet. I took the motor to the machine shop in January about three days before I lost my job. It's been sitting there waiting until I give him the go ahead. I'm really close to making the call, just want to make sure everything else is taken care of before I spend money on the car. It was going to be a killer motor, girdled roller etc, but I think I'll just stud the heads and bottom end and keep my foot out of it for a while.

How've you been? I was looking forward to coming up that way again this year.

Steve

Nothing new with the car yet. I took the motor to the machine shop in January about three days before I lost my job. It's been sitting there waiting until I give him the go ahead. I'm really close to making the call, just want to make sure everything else is taken care of before I spend money on the car. It was going to be a killer motor, girdled roller etc, but I think I'll just stud the heads and bottom end and keep my foot out of it for a while.

How've you been? I was looking forward to coming up that way again this year.

Steve

Well sorry to hear about you losing your job. I am glad to hear you have things going again. Yeah I am the same way. I want to build a motor, but I don't know if I want everything that goes with it. (i.e. trans, rear) I mean I think I need to just be happy with the power level I am at.

Thanks, It was a little rough for a couple months but we had enough socked away to make it. As far as the motor goes, it will still be better than what I had. I'm glad I pulled it when I did. It was showing pretty good wear on the mains and had some pretty bad contamination from the timing set coming apart. On top of all that, the cam was starting to show some battle scars. I can't wait to put it back together and just drive it. My 10.99 will have to wait a while but it should still be a solid 11 sec motor

Steve

Thanks, It was a little rough for a couple months but we had enough socked away to make it. As far as the motor goes, it will still be better than what I had. I'm glad I pulled it when I did. It was showing pretty good wear on the mains and had some pretty bad contamination from the timing set coming apart. On top of all that, the cam was starting to show some battle scars. I can't wait to put it back together and just drive it. My 10.99 will have to wait a while but it should still be a solid 11 sec motor

Steve

I hear you. I thinking I am just going to do something like you are doing. Well maybe we can still make something happen. I know alot of us had fun at that event. Always a very good Buick showing!

I need to make time to send my car down the 1320. Perhaps if something becomes a go I'll have to make a guest appearance. Just need to get some traction enhancers in.

I'll keep everyone posted if something happens. I'm going to push harder now that I stopped by the machine shop and gave them the go ahead to finish my motor.

Steve