POS CABLE GETTING HOT

newhotair

JUST GOT MY MOTER REDONE AND IT IS NOT TURNING OVER RIGHT ITS GRTTING THE BEST OF ME RIGHT NOW I CAN TURN THE MOTOR WITH A SOCKET BUT ITS LIKE THE STARTER IS NOT ENOUGH SO I WENT GOT A NEW STARTER & BATTERY BUT STILL THE SAME THING AND THE POS CABLE IS GETTING HOT THE LONGER I TRY TO TURN IT OVER THE HOTTER IS GETS JUST FOR THE RECORD YOU CAN,T PUT A STATER IN WRONG CAN YOU

TAKE THE CAP LOCKS OFF!!! Check the + and - cable carefully. Usually when the cable gets hot it's got to high an electrical load on it. You may want to have the starter tested off the car as well and see if it's getting hot also.

JUST GOT MY MOTER REDONE AND IT IS NOT TURNING OVER RIGHT ITS GRTTING THE BEST OF ME RIGHT NOW I CAN TURN THE MOTOR WITH A SOCKET BUT ITS LIKE THE STARTER IS NOT ENOUGH SO I WENT GOT A NEW STARTER & BATTERY BUT STILL THE SAME THING AND THE POS CABLE IS GETTING HOT THE LONGER I TRY TO TURN IT OVER THE HOTTER IS GETS JUST FOR THE RECORD YOU CAN,T PUT A STATER IN WRONG CAN YOU

THAT IS ONE LONG SENTENCE, NOT THE RECORD, BUT LONG...........is POS = piece of s--t?

Check the positive wire going from the battery to starter, it sounds like it is shorting somewhere. Either rubbing through the insulation or the positive connection on the starter is touching a ground somewhere. Also, what gauge is the cable going to the starter?

High resistence connections, bad wiring, [corrosion on terminals, damaged insulation], wrong size wiring for the load.......
2 tests to do:
1. Volt drop test.
2. Ohm test all connections.
The ohm tests have to be run on both neg and pos connections, as do the volt drop tests.

well

bumb ubm!

Troll??