Ported Intake....Does It Matter?

Smokin-6

I am putting on a set of ported stock heads on a stock short block. The engine does not have a cam so it will need a roller. Will the stock manifold be a "flow" problem?
I have the engine and heads already so I am putting this into my car because my original engine is dying. I would like to be streetable and run 11.30-50's. I have the supporting mods (I think) so what cam/ stall/ turbo do you all recommend??:D

Have:60's with new fuel pump/ ALKY/ CAS V4/ 3" down pipe/ 2.5 dual Magnaflow

For your goals it wont matter. Most of the gain on the intake is cleaning up the port exit. You can spend about a half hour on the port where it meets the head and get most of what there is to gain.

A TE44 will get you there ET wise with a good 60' so anything bigger will get you there on less boost but will need a looser converter. Hard to beet a 44 for street duty with occasional track blasts. TE60 if you want to grow into it, if $ is not an issue, get a ball-bearing 6262 with the ported housing and you'll have great spool, no mid-throttle surge, and enough turbo to run 10's with enough psi and a good tune.