Ported heads

Those aren't cheap and after you buy the valves, springs and V/C covers you could get a set of TA heads setup that will work with stock covers.

Those make nice door stops albeit expensive ones.

How do you figure ... valves are about $220 .. NO Way in the world are those M&A 's in BOLT on STATUS gonna be $2K or even close .

Not only that but he would get to spec all valvetrain parts at the same time ..

How do you figure ... valves are about $220 .. NO Way in the world are those M&A 's in BOLT on STATUS gonna be $2K or even close .

Not only that but he would get to spec all valvetrain parts at the same time ..

Add up the valves, springs and the V/C that are M@A specific and while you're at it throw in the labor to have them setup if you don't have the tools to install and check the springs and valves.

Let's even low ball it all. Heads 1,200.00, valves 250.00, springs, seals, locks and retainers, 3/400.00, V/Covers that fit those heads about 2/250.00. Labor to install and check springs and valves 150/200.00. Labor to work heads for said springs depending on setup????

Bottom line is two grand or more !!!!! Unless you drop the price on the heads because that's the only way they will come in less than two G's.

For that price he can get a pair of TA SE or SI heads spec'ed out and ready to drop on which are better heads than the M@A heads are and less hassle with money left over to put towards the roller rockers.

There is a reason that people in the know don't want M@A heads. They were a pain in the ass when popular and even less desirable today compared to TA heads.

Nothing personal, but I spoke the truth and if I'm wrong why not spec them out for whoever buys them from you for 16/1,700.00 bucks if they are such a good deal??

I have no beef with you, I'm just pointing out the facts.

Last edited:
Add up the valves, springs and the V/C that are M@A specific and while you're at it throw in the labor to have them setup if you don't have the tools to install and check the springs and valves.

Let's even low ball it all. Heads 1,200.00, valves 250.00, springs, seals, locks and retainers, 3/400.00, V/Covers that fit those heads about 2/250.00. Labor to install and check springs and valves 150/200.00. Labor to work heads for said springs depending setup????

Bottom line is two grand or more !!!!! Unless you drop the price on the heads because that's the only way they will come in less than two G's.

For that price he can get a pair of TA SE or SI heads spec'ed out and ready to drop on which are better heads than the M@A heads are and less hassle with money left over to put towards the roller rockers.

There is a reason that people in the know don't want M@A heads. They were a pain in the ass when popular and even less desirable today compared to TA heads.

Nothing personal, but I spoke the truth and if I'm wrong why not spec them out for whoever buys them from you for 16/1,700.00 bucks if they are such a good deal??

I have no beef with you, I'm just pointing out the facts.

That's just it .. your not pointing out facts .. your spewing out what YOU THINK costs are ... How many M&A heads have you owned ? How many M&A heads have you set up ?
How many M&A heads have you run in the 9's for 15 years ?

How do you even know anything about the heads up above ??? Ever run a set of TA's ? I know people that have had SOUR EXPERIENCES with TA's , Same with the GN1's

I can tell you FACTUALLY as I've done a few sets of M&A's .. not gonna be close to $2K and for any type of street driven car you will not see anything power wise from a
TA over a M&A head so why spend the extra money on zero return !

Quit making assumptions on things you know nothing about !

I don't need to run them to know what it costs to set them up.

I know how to read and do my research and you can't back up what you say because I know I was fair in the prices I put forth.

I put out ballpark numbers which are legit. The price of new valve covers to fit those heads is up in the air because I don't know who sells them if anyone. Let me know what those cost and the price can be factored in if my guess was to high on that. All other prices are pretty much spot on depending on what area of the country you live in. The prices could vary some but I would say potentially a little lower but also could be much higher.

I'm not making assumptions and you know it. If I'm so far off please post what your cost is to fully set up those heads with the cost of valve covers as you have no choice but to buy a set for those heads as the stock ones won't fit.

Most people don't want the drama of unknown expenses when buying heads and tend to buy them setup and ready to run. If they come messed up or configured wrong they get sent back and fixed for free. That's not an option on the M&A heads.

If you can set them up for less than a TA SE/SI head and warranty them for less than 1,800.00 with valve covers I will buy them from you.

I'll be waiting to hear from you on when these heads will be shipped to me complete and ready to drop on with the specs I provide.

TA bought out M&A years ago and made obvious improvements as their heads are better overall than any M&A head and we both know it.

If they were so great how come nobody wants them at the 1,200.00 price you're selling them for?? Because they might be worth 750.00 on a good day bare that's why.

I don't need to run them to know what it costs to set them up.

I know how to read and do my research and you can't back up what you say because I know I was fair in the prices I put forth.

I put out ballpark numbers which are legit. The price of new valve covers to fit those heads is up in the air because I don't know who sells them if anyone. Let me know what those cost and the price can be factored in if my guess was to high on that. All other prices are pretty much spot on depending on what area of the country you live in. The prices could vary some but I would say potentially a little lower but also could be much higher.

I'm not making assumptions and you know it. If I'm so far off please post what your cost is to fully set up those heads with the cost of valve covers as you have no choice but to buy a set for those heads as the stock ones won't fit.

Most people don't want the drama of unknown expenses when buying heads and tend to buy them setup and ready to run. If they come messed up or configured wrong they get sent back and fixed for free. That's not an option on the M&A heads.

If you can set them up for less than a TA SE/SI head and warranty them for less than 1,800.00 with valve covers I will buy them from you.

I'll be waiting to hear from you on when these heads will be shipped to me complete and ready to drop on with the specs I provide.

TA bought out M&A years ago and made obvious improvements as their heads are better overall than any M&A head and we both know it.

If they were so great how come nobody wants them at the 1,200.00 price you're selling them for?? Because they might be worth 750.00 on a good day bare that's why.

That Again is YOUR OPINION which is based on BS that you keep spewing and NOT FACTUAL at all... because you know nothing about these heads !

You've never run them .. so how the F would you know anything about them.. further you have no frickin clue of what the heads I have are all about .. NONE ! so STFU about something you know nothing about !

Go start your own thread on YOUR M&A heads that you have such vast knowledge about ..
You could offer me $10K for this set .. I'd tell you to fly a kite ... first your spewing how they aren't worth the cost and how TA's are better and now you want to buy them.. GO BUY some TA's and see how close you will come to $2K to having a bolt on set of heads !!
You always come in and start to stir crap up based on things you THINK you know

I wouldn't buy your heads, because I know you couldn't come in at the price you state it would take to set them up. That was the point I was making.;)

I only come in and call BS when I see it.:D

If those heads are so great why don't you run them???

I'm not saying they are bad heads, just that they can't be setup correctly for the price you stated.

I'm sorry if the facts don't go your way but I will say GLWS !!(y)

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy your heads, because I know you couldn't come in at the price you state it would take to set them up. That was the point I was making.;)

I only come in and call BS when I see it.:D

If those heads are so great why don't you run them???

I'm not saying they are bad heads, just that they can't be setup correctly for the price you stated.

I'm sorry if the facts don't go your way but I will say GLWS !!(y)

IT has nothing to do with things going my way .. it has to do with you throwing up BS about something you have no clue about and then saying its FACT .. no it's BULLSHIT .. its YOUR OPINION !

you say they can't be setup correctly for less than a pair of TA's .. but yet you know nothing about these heads and have never set up a pair . Never run a pair .
You make assumptions on a set of heads without having any FACTS on them .. and start spewing costs without having any knowledge of what it will take .

So in short Save your BS and get your FACTS straight before you start posting inaccurate information based on YOUR OPINION .

Hey no need to get angry man.

I'm telling the truth no BS here. Are you saying that the parts and labor are cheaper on those heads than any other heads??

Like I said before I don't need to run something to know what it costs. The cost of valves,springs and what not are the same as any other comparable head.

Everyone has compared prices on things they are deciding on purchasing or not. It doesn't take using a product to figure out what it costs and make an educated decision on what you want to spend.

You can rant all you want but I won't be bullied by you or anyone else. If I'm wrong prove it and I will apologize.

Why are you so adamant about when someone speaks the truth. Anyone with half a brain can price out the parts and labor needed to finish those heads knows that it will cost more than 16/1,700.00 bucks with the unique valve cover that still needs to be purchased to make those heads work.

I'm done arguing with you, post up prices for everything needed to finish those heads including the 1,200.00 your trying to sell them for and make a fool out of me by showing everyone how you can do it for way less than a set of new TA SI/SE heads.

Last edited:
I have had a set of M&A heads and currently have a set of TA SE . after you buy the valves ,springs, rockers ,hardwear , valve covers Rob is correct you would be close to 2k if not over 2k . Valves $250,springs,retainers $350 , correct pushrods $120 , rockers $450 machine work $4-500 . You do the math $1500 plus the bare aluminum heads $1200 . I actually just sold my M&A heads for $1500 complete with valve covers .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    905.6 KB · Views: 43
I have had a set of M&A heads and currently have a set of TA SE . after you buy the valves ,springs, rockers ,hardwear , valve covers Rob is correct you would be close to 2k if not over 2k . Valves $250,springs,retainers $350 , correct pushrods $120 , rockers $450 machine work $4-500 . You do the math $1500 plus the bare aluminum heads $1200 . I actually just sold my M&A heads for $1500 complete with valve covers .

You also are way off ... you list ROCKERS ... don't you have to buy rockers for TA heads too ? .. same with the pushrods .. Springs are retainers are $350 ? maybe that's what you pay ??

You also don't know anything about the heads listed above either .. so how can you comment on total setup costs ?
you sold your set for $1500 USED .. these are new and I am betting ANY money .. these can be bolt on ready for way less that the $2K for TA heads and that they will run just as well.

I'm done ... here as well .. as its obvious you guys are just posting based on opinions and know NOTHING about what is being sold.

Okay well please break it down if we are both way off . Full throttle speed has springs and retainers for 350 .

And yes rockers cost me almost 1k For my TA SE heads . I bought my M&As ready to bolt on for 1300 btw which was a deal .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32
Okay well please break it down if we are both way off . Full throttle speed has springs and retainers for 350 .

And people also try to sell 150K mile GN's for $25K ... so whats your point ??

Like I POSTED above to Rob ... if you don't have all the FACTS ... don't post inaccurate info ..