Porsche swings and misses

Toady

Took the family out for a spin in the Buick yesterday because it was Father's Day.

Merging from one highway to another -and there are TWO merge lanes - a 70s-looking Porsche 911 comes screaming up behind me and sniffing my bumper. When we finally are able to merge, he doesn't pass but instead cuts over and rides my blind spot. To make it even better, if I slow down or speed up, so does he. We're around 50mph at this point.

Now we're coming up to the end of my lane; I either need to get over or exit, and Chevy Chase is still playing games next to me. I slowly start accelerating, and of course he matches me. I tell my wife and kids to hold on and stomp on it. I hear him go WOT at the same time, but he can't keep up. The kids are screaming, "Go, Daddy!" and my wife reminds me that there are sometimes cops nearby. I check the speedo and it's buried, so I back off quickly.

A quick check in the mirror and he's a good 10 cars back. I don't know if he was really that slow or just let off when he couldn't get the jump, but he stayed back. To be fair, all I could make out was that it had the 911 shape and was a Targa. I'm certain it wasn't a turbo.

It turns out that we're taking the same exit. I slow waaay down on the off-ramp, but this time he won't even get near me. Too bad; I wanted to ask how it felt to get waxed by an old Buick with 4 people in it.

My son is yelling, "Do it again, Daddy!" from the back seat. I laugh and tell him that it wasn't a good idea and that I don't ever want him to do things like that when he can drive! Then my wife says, "And you didn't want to take it out of the garage this morning."

That's cool. I can see my daughter in the back seat yelling, "GO DADDY" while my wife is smacking me... :cool:

That's cool. I can see my daughter in the back seat yelling, "GO DADDY" while my wife is smacking me... :cool:

smile_11_text1.gif

+1
Remind her that it's good, clean family fun and costs less than a movie. Better than F&F4!!!

All the replies are making me :D

IM'd a buddy about this. His first question: Did he know you were racing him? :rolleyes:

+1
Remind her that it's good, clean family fun and costs less than a movie. Better than F&F4!!!

All the replies are making me :D

IM'd a buddy about this. His first question: Did he know you were racing him? :rolleyes:

It cost less than a movie unless you get caught in Florida. It's a 3rd degree felony here to street race...:eek:

There's this a$$hole in a Porsche that lives in my neighbor hood. I already beat him in my corvette :rolleyes: I can't wait to beat him again in my Buick :biggrin: And it's newer Porsche Carerra "S". I would have thought those would have been faster.