Porsche acting like a ricer...

gearhead_9_9

You did what in your cup?
I am on a stretch of 4 lane highway that is down to 2 lanes cause of construction. There is a line of traffic in front of me and this Porsche gets up right on my a$$, starts revving the motor and weaving back & forth. I did not know what type of Porsche it was at this point but the motor sounded really different.

We get to a red light at the end of the construction, I let the traffic in front of me clear as I spool up to warm up the BF drag radials. Caspers chip in position 7, check. Tires warm, check. We clear the construction and hit the next red light, sweet I'm thinking. Light turns green and some butthole runs the red light and gets in front of me. The Porsche takes off and makes a quick right into a Holiday Inn so I follow. It's a 911 GT3. After some small talk I say lets go. He says he won't waist his time. I respond, yea if your not running 11's it won't be close. (Slight exageration on my part but I know he's a high 12 second 1/4 mile car and so am I, so it should be a good race.) He comes back with I'm in the 7's. Lauging out loud I say my a$$, prove it. He walks away.

Is everyone a jerk who owns a $100K car? His buddy was cool and really liked my GN, must have told his buddy not to run me 'cause he new a bit about our cars. Anyway, those flat 6's have a unique sound for sure.

I know it's not a kill, but sometimes more is said when someone backs down.

GH

7's in the 1/8.
Those flat 6's are something else, especially the turbo version.
But you have to get them wound up.
I think they pull better the second half of the 1/4.

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Whats the difference between a porsche and a porcupine? On the porcupine, the pricks on the outside!

gndoug said:
Whats the difference between a porsche and a porcupine? On the porcupine, the pricks on the outside!

MMM same joke different car.. It was a Vette joke when I heard it ..LOL

Common wisdom says most Porsche owners buy them to somehow compensate for "deficiencies" in the private parts area... so maybe that explains this attitude. :rolleyes: