Porsche 928 5-speed v6 ?

boostified

Has anyone ever mated a gn engine with a 5-speed trans. This may sound weird, but I own a 79 porsche 928, 5-speed. The car only has 49,000 original miles, and it is a blast to drive. But mostly in the twisties. The problem is that it has absolutely no balls! A gn engine would shave approximately 200 lbs. off the front weight of a car that weighs 3200 lbs. now. This sound stupid? Or will the trans. not hold up? I have heard of harmonics of the v6 being problematic. Input?

Probably need some serious fabricating. Sounds pretty kool to me. Can't say I have ever seen a TR motor in a Porsche b4.

The guy you need to talk to is turbobob924,he has a porsche with a 87 gn motor in it

this is what turbobob924 is working with

80 Porsche 924 turbo hybrid powered by 87 GN-stock 3.8 bottom end, ported heads w 1.77 intake valves, KB 208 cam, PTE remote oil filter, TE44, 60lb injectors, Bosch HV pump, custom FMIC, TH elbow and custom DP, MAFPRO, LC1 WB, Porsche 5-speed trans, motor being rebuilt

Thanks for the info. I will be getting in touch with him soon. That project won't start until my GN is on the road in the spring. Good to know that someone has done this.