Popping Fuel Pump Fuse, Please Help.

Bowtie Mafia

A couple of weeks ago I changed my fuel pump. A couple of days ago I replaced cam position sensor and A/C Compressor. After getting everything back together my car ran for a few seconds, I turned it off, it hasn't started since. I am blowing the 15 amp fuel pump fuse the instant I turn the ignition to "on" without starting. I have unplugged the fuel pump, the fuse blew. I have unplugged the relay, the fuse blew. I am on the verge of giving up and taking it somewhere. Before I do that do you guys have any ideas on what might be causing this. Thanks.

There is a fuel pump test lead behind the alternator. It is a single wire with a green (I think) connector. Check that to make sure its not connected and not supposed to be. Also I would start unplugging the connectors you had unhooked while changing the cam sensor and ac compressor and check again.

2 loose connectors behind the alt......green connector mentioned is the tach lead...other one is the fuel pump one. As mentioned make sure that fuel pump wire isnt connected to anything or touching ground.

Getting old sucks... Could not remember color of the leads.., plus my tach lead is being used. I knew I should have looked at the car before posting.

Neither of those leads are connected to anything. I've looked at every wire i can see and don't see any problems (shorts or cracks).

I think the injector's may also be on that fuse. The injector harness may be shorted to ground.

Check the connector used on the oil sender. A fuel pump signal goes through there.

These connectors are subject to lots of oil, heat and dirt which kills the rubber and can allow the pins to contact and give you that kind of short.

Make sure you didn't pinch any wires under or behind the AC compressor or brackets when you remounted it.