pop and fire...

im faster

ok.. so my car was missing like bad.. so i changed the coil pack out didnt help. one ofthe wires in my ign. mod was pinched so switched it out with my old one.. seemed to help a little pulled the plugs all were black.

ok so i changed out the plugs started for a sec. then died. turnned it of for about ten seconds HUGE backfire.. btw my car is just open down pipe no exhuast. so started it again running smoother but sill rough at idle cleand my tools up by this time its running not to bad at idle....

hop in take off and its missing still not as bad but still bad and back firing like crazy... so i know the wires are notthe best and 3 of them when i pulled them off the plug the metal peice stayed..

soo... could bad wires be doing this..??? pulled a plug and it was fouled(sp)..

any ideas?

yeah im going to get some beldans from napa.. wont be in until the morning but yeah... that and new plugs and well see how it goes.. anyone else have any ideas

I never had any luck with the Napa wires on my car, I put them on one year when I was in a hurry and they didn't last more then 6 months before I had a misfire. JMO

i was talking about the motor.. looking from the front of the car

2uj5oir.jpg

:biggrin: i think you may had your wires crossed by the way...make a copy it always helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hmmm i will have to check but i think your right.. i just dont know when i would have switched them

reason why i say that i still believe you may still have your wires cross,and mis match,,, because i just experience that in recent days on my car!!!!.

the day before, after i pulled the spark plugs for a set of new ones,i taought i had everything set in right,including the wires!!,it turned on fine,a little sputtering but i never recheck the wires if the they were set in right. So yesterday morning,i cranked the car once again so i can take it to work, a little hesistate but none the less, i took off, car went good for up to 30,then sputtering,hesistating, smoking,all the 9,. I had to turn back home,and ditch a ride!!!,

Well i called cotton,and nick micale,i told them about the situation, they told me it was a little weird that a set of new spark plugs can cause that,,then they told me to RECHECK THE WIRE SETUP AND FIRING ORDER!. to my amaze ,they were right,i accidently switch one out the 3 and the 5 on the coil pack.. now the puppy runs better than ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier in the year my car ran the same way. Wound up being the metal heat shields around the plug wires had been shorting to the headers. Try running the car in the dark and look for sparks coming from the wires.

I think I may know what your problem is. Have you been driving your Mitsubishi lately? If you have your GN's just pissed that you were driving the Mits instead of it. :D J/K. Hope changing the wires out fixes your problems.

Its that Damn Mitsubishi you have. It is draining all of your smarts away and turning you into one of those "know it all" tuner rice boys. :D