Pontiac G8 owners

SIXBANGR

mean old man
you been happy with your G8? Been looking for a newer driver to replace my E320 Benz.

I absolutely love mine. I have an '09 GT and am just about to flip 80,000 miles on it! It has plenty of power, handles great, and it gets awesome mileage for a 4,000 lb V8 car. If you can find one, they are well worth the money. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

We have a 09 G8 GT and love the car so far, have about 11000 on it so far. I did have a light tune put in it to firm up the shifting and it made the car feel like a performance car now when it shifts instead of grannys grocery getter. The car has explosive accleration for a 4000lb 4 door car ! The one and only draw back we really have on the car is the seats in it. They are great for letting you feel what the car is doing and on short drives but you really don't want to go on any 5 hr road trips in them lol. Also if you turn off the traction control the car becomes a LOT more fun to drive but once you break the rear end loose on it, they do not seem to recover near as good as the buick which is wierd being they are independent rear ends. Besides them few things the car is awesome ! I am not a bit scared to play with idiots and crush most of them lol. If your looking for a awesome 4 door , street cruiser that will flat fly GET ONE. You will love it. Daniel Ray

I'm really enjoying my 2009.5 G8 GT. I'll have to disagree with the above comment on the comfort on a road trip. I've taken quite a few with mine and had no problems.

The car handles really well, has a lot of get up and go. Seats 4 people very comfortably and has a lot of trunk space. The transmission tune is pretty tame and really needs to be re-tuned in my opinion. Stock the exhaust sound is too tame as well and was too sleeper for me. The Displacement On Demand makes changing exhaust setups a bit of a challenge. There are only a few exhausts that will not drone like heck. I have around 30,000 miles on mine and it gets around 20 MPG in mixed highway/city driving. Highway only can get up to 26 to 27 MPG.

Attachments

• VIR-2010.jpg
    VIR-2010.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 243
I absolutely love mine. I have an '09 GT and am just about to flip 80,000 miles on it! It has plenty of power, handles great, and it gets awesome mileage for a 4,000 lb V8 car. If you can find one, they are well worth the money. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Wow have you shut it off yet, lol

Here is mine bought it in Feb 09 and absolutely love the car. Have 24k on it and I store it during the winter months. I'm thinking of upgrading to a CTS V or a new Duramax soon so I'm considering selling it. Going into winter storage next week and wont be back out till April.
SU1BRzAwMTAuanBn.jpg

I love mine as well, just turned 48k miles and never a single issue with it. Have only changed the oil and wiper blades. It's awesome on long trips, went to Ohio twice and a trip to South Florida (3000 miles in a week). My only disappointment...and it's a minor one..is the MPG's. I'm lucky to get 20mpg, my daily commute is mostly all highway (110 mile round trip daily)...but my right foot is mostly to blame :D The superchips tune and rotofab really woke up the car. These cars are a HUGE value for the money, total shame that Gov't Motors stopped bringing the over from Austrailia :frown:

The car is a total sleeper...I love it when euro-sedans try to get cute at a light or on the highway...fools don't know what hit them :D

13.24 @ 105 on a warm day with just a 2.05 60ft.

Attachments

• g8burnout.jpg
    g8burnout.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 271
Original Owner 09.5 G8 GT w/factory bluetooth

Mine's for sale (Stryker Blue with sport, premium and moonroof 3,5xx miles) did you check out the Cars Wanted section?

I like her but want a GN instead.

Gobble gobble!;)

Chevy is going to bring the car over as a 2012 model from what I have heard.
The Chevelle name is in the running.

They are nice. Something about the rear lights was getting owner's into hot water in certain states and people were being ticketed and GM wasn't able to help.

Mine's for sale (Stryker Blue with sport, premium and moonroof 3,5xx miles) did you check out the Cars Wanted section?

I like her but want a GN instead.

Gobble gobble!;)

That's exactly what my car is, they are twins! Fully Loaded Stryker Blue 2009.5, I get a lot of compliments on the color. Good luck with your trade.

a68989a8-0a91-27ca.jpg

Mine is an 09 GT w premium package 10k miles. the car looks awesome handles great and most def has some kahonas. I absolutely have complaints though: 1st the paint as awful i have a **** done of chips on the front end see milage above, there is a high pitched what I think is tranny whine but have brought it to the dealer multiple times w no fix. There is also a strange power surge at a stop every so often, any other g8 do this? the stereo sucks, and the upholstery is poor quality and is Ll ready wrinkled on driver side. it performs as good or better than almost all European or Japanese sports sedans in it's class and I only paid 26k. I kind of like to compare it to a vette vs a Porsche 911 way more bang for your buck with the americano but the fit and finish isn't up to par.

Chevy is going to bring the car over as a 2012 model from what I have heard.
The Chevelle name is in the running.

Man I hope not. I like the G8 car and all but geez if Chevy's going to take over, why not give it a new car name? :rolleyes: The real Chevelle died back in 1972.

Wow, that's a butt-ton of miles on a car I'm guessing you bought in '08.

I bought mine in December '08, and I do shut it off once in a while! I would disagree with the comment about not being good on long trips as well. I use my car for work and I cover the Northwest quarter of Texas (hence the 80k miles!) and I drive from Dallas to Amarillo every few weeks which is roughly 400 or slightly more and I love driving that car. It is a phenomenal highway car. I have drag raced and autocrossed mine as well and it never fails to impress me, especially for a 4000 lb car. It really is a huge value for the money as mentioned above!

This is a "kick-ass" G-8 done at our fab shop a couple years ago.

The cool viewing plate on the hood shows off the blower! :D

Attachments

• G8 2.jpg
    G8 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154
  • G8 4.jpg
    G8 4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 153