Pontiac G8 GT

texasmr2

I have decided that I need more of a hit than a miss so I am going to look at a '09 model with less than 100K. It has been 30+yrs since I drove/owned a V8 and a 150 shot should make it a ball of fun.

thumb_3afeea6a696bd0b56783fd5e1e69c3b9x.jpg

Really nice!!!! I can count on one hand I have actually seen driving around.

Me too, they are rare with only 30K units sold in its two year life span here in the USA. The sales rep I spoke with yesterday called me today to let me know the car is now in the shop having multiple issues taken care of that were never addressed. I thanked him for his honesty and that I will keep him in mind because he was honest and could not justify selling a vehicle with said issues. He did not get into details but he saved me from a money pit.

They are a blast, I had a white 09 GT I purchased new. Put 135k miles on it in about 3 years and it was pretty much trouble free. I never modified mine because it was a daily work car and at that time parts were pretty expensive, but the car handled and ran great even stock. If you can get a good deal on it go for it, I don't think you will be dissapointed. And it's a huge sedan with tons of room too.

They are a blast, I had a white 09 GT I purchased new. Put 135k miles on it in about 3 years and it was pretty much trouble free. I never modified mine because it was a daily work car and at that time parts were pretty expensive, but the car handled and ran great even stock. If you can get a good deal on it go for it, I don't think you will be dissapointed. And it's a huge sedan with tons of room too.

As a car guy I have only heard and read nothing but positive reviews of the G8 GT. Heck in all reality the drivetrain is one of the most reliable powertrains produced with a huge aftermarket and stock replacement parts market. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to cars as I get the itch to change every few years unless I find a gem like I did with MR2's. I drove nothing but MR2's from '85 to '06 and owned three at one time.

By no means have a excluded a GN from my "bucket list" but we all require a reliable and fun DD that can hopefully also be a sleeper, seat five and scare the shat out of them every now and then. :p

Last edited:
Loved mine
.. Was a fun reliable car..

Attachments

• 20140412_185321.jpg
    20140412_185321.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 159
Loved every minute of nearly 7 years and 128k miles I had on mine. Mine was silver, most chrome blacked out, big staggered setup, light mods and ran a respectable 12.7 on street tires. Plenty of room too and safe cars. Let me know if you have any questions when looking at one as I practically know every inch of them and can tell you what's been touched or not. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My wife had one from new as her daily driver, It was a great all round car. We kept ours stock except I modified the trans calibration (i.e.: shift timing and firmness). We didn't have any real mechanical issues with ours although there did seem to be a lot of recalls on the car. The only negative thing I could say is that the leather interior was cheap and didn't hold up well over time.

Neal

I appreciate the insight gentlemen.

I have actually spotted two in last few weeks and I really like them.

I've got one they run very well,and are comfy. 2 things to research AFM lifters and strut mounts they seem to go bad.

I've got one they run very well,and are comfy. 2 things to research AFM lifters and strut mounts they seem to go bad.
Pics please.

I also like the fact they have four doors and are comfortable for your passengers but can still 'giddy up' when spurred.

If it wasn't for the snow I would have bought one as a daily. Always liked them, especially the last year GXP with the LS3/6spd. I drove the holden HSV version when I was in Sydney in 2010 which had a factory tvs2300 blower. Man that thing would move.

If it wasn't for the snow I would have bought one as a daily. Always liked them, especially the last year GXP with the LS3/6spd. I drove the holden HSV version when I was in Sydney in 2010 which had a factory tvs2300 blower. Man that thing would move.

Yes sir you would have had to just let it idle out of the driveway for any traction. Your a lucky dog having drove a HSV in it's homeland, color me jealous.