Poly Motor Mounts

AKTURBOTA

Since I am upgrading to a 4.1 litre "291" block powerplant, it has been suggested that I use poly motormounts instead of the factory sponge rubber mounts and a torque strap. I was considering the poly motormounts made by HR Parts and Stuff as sold by Johns Performance:

TT/A Poly Motor Mounts 0263
Working in cooperation with HRpartsNstuff we worked well over a year on this project. These Poly Motor Mounts are for the 89 TTA's with PRODUCTION 3.8 V-6s ONLY. They can also be used for engine swaps with prod. 3.8's in other F-body chassis (Camaro/Firebird/Trans-Am). This is a COMPLETE KIT, including new motor mounts, new frame pedestals (frame pads), isolation pads, new hardware, and a custom wrench. These come with NEW softer custom poly bushings installed, designed especially for the TTA's. These are designed for daily driving and off road use, down to low 10's in the 1/4 mile, with great results

Has anyone used these particular motor mounts? Is there anyone else in the aftermarket that makes a motor mount for TTA's?

Mark

I went ahead and bought the TTA mounts from Johns Performance...it seems that no one else makes a poly mount for the TTA. Rather pricey at $380!

Polys are nice.

Give u a little bit better room for DP and the like as well.

If I was to do it over again I would say go poly on the pass side and regular mount on the drvr.

There is some slight vibration, but after having them in the car for a 1-2 its doens t bother me at all.

Only thing honestly annoying is the door lockrods, and u dont even need poly to make that happen on an F bod. It only occurs when acelerating slowly at 900rpm or decelrating thru 900-1000 rpm lol.

I know the bushings have been made softer since I bought my set , so I wouldnt hesitate recommending them to someone.

Also give a thumbs up the Paul Ferry at HnR Parts he is a pretty good guy.

later
Jeremy