Poly Bushings for the TTA?

Bird of Prey

Hi folks

I'm wondering if poly bushings for our cars do the job? What pain in the a$$ is it to mount? Who has done it? i would like to have some input on this

... i don't mean the motor mounts

matt

Hi folks

I'm wondering if poly bushings for our cars do the job? What pain in the a$$ is it to mount? Who has done it? i would like to have some input on this

matt

Matt, for the suspension defentily well worth it. I got polu bushings both front and rear on mine and been very happy with it.

Front A-arms were a pain in the butt and I had to get a shop with a big time press to do it for me. For the rear arms I suggest you pick up a set of tubular arms with poly bushings as it will be easier and cheaper than replacing the bushings in the stock arms.

Hi folks

matt[/QUOTE]

Howdy Matt!

The question is; Just what do you want to do with your car? If you just want to improve the feel of the car as far as race car handling feel, that's the way to go but, you will sacrifice a smooth ride and vibration will increase dramatically. If you are just drag racing, no need. If you are auto crossing or road coursing, imperative. So! What do you want to do? Remember! You can't make just one change! With poly bushings you will need new springs and shocks. Basically! The poly bushings are a lead in to you spending more money to improve your suspension. CHA CHING! CHA CHING!

Hi folks

matt

Howdy Matt!

The question is; Just what do you want to do with your car? If you just want to improve the feel of the car as far as race car handling feel, that's the way to go but, you will sacrifice a smooth ride and vibration will increase dramatically. If you are just drag racing, no need. If you are auto crossing or road coursing, imperative. So! What do you want to do? Remember! You can't make just one change! With poly bushings you will need new springs and shocks. Basically! The poly bushings are a lead in to you spending more money to improve your suspension. CHA CHING! CHA CHING![/QUOTE]

Frank I got all poly bushings, new shocks, stock springs and yes the handling is much improved and better response while cornering / turning etc. Have no issues with vibration increasing dramaticly as you mention, might be some but not so it affects driving.

shocks are new. my idea is to making the car more stable at faster speed. Better handling in corners would also be great.

thx for the input. i'll see what to do

Hot rod

Hi Jan,
How have you been? How's that major project going? Your car is fixing to be the best on the block. Keep up the good work!
Dale