Polishing glass

supercrackerbox

Will wrench for beer
Okay, so the previous owner of my '78 Regal (aka my mother, aka ruiner of cars) at some point ran the wipers without any blades, scratching the :mad: out of an otherwise perfect windshield. Has anyone successfully been able to polish glass? I figure it's worth a shot, worst case I'll have to replace it anyway.

Thoughts?

Check Eastwood website, they have something for polishing glass. I have not used it myself although I do need to get some to try and take out some etched rain spots.

Dannyo

It's a process. I'd call up a glass shop and see if it would even be worth messing with. Nothing beats a nice new windshield:cool:

The kick is, it was a brand new windshield. Yes, it's a decade old now, but the car hasn't been driven. I'd say that glass has less than 5000 miles of road time.

Hope glass shops can still get ones with an antenna in them.

Polishing glass isn't easy or more specifically it's real easy to mess it up and get a hologram in it.

If you can click your fingernail across the scratch, It's best (cheaper) to just get a new one.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Well like I said, I've got nothing to lose. If I have to replace it, so be it. But thought I'd give it a shot first.

Now if I can ever get out there to actually work on the car, I'll let you know how it turns out. :p