polish lens

Boostdeznuts

TURBO PART WHORE
What can I use to polish the tail light lenses with ? I have a buffing machines that I use to buff the car with. I need the chemical to polish it

thx

This always worked great for me.....get a sissel buff wheel for an electric drill....then get some MeGuiar's Mirror Glaze, professional show car glaze NO. 7.

Put the lens between two heavy objects face up (I used a heavy lead brick on one end and my vise on the other) to keep the lens from sliding when polishing (or any way you can secure it, it's your choice)

The method I used was putting some glaze in a small plastic cup, then dipping in it with my finger and placing the glaze on the area of the lens I wanted polished, like nicks, chips, scratches....or you can just coat the lens with the glaze....

Then buff back and forth with the buffer on the drill, making sure you don't press too hard, maybe moderately hard, but be careful of creating too much heat.

In areas I could see that needed more buffing, I just dipped my finger in the glaze, rubbed on the area and buffed...checking each time to see if the imperfections went away.

You can believe me this stuff works just wonderful for me....I use it on my Martin and Gibson guitars' finish all of the time, and also on the cars, fine furniture.

I swear by this No. 7 glaze....you can get it at Advance Auto for arount 10 bucks a bottle. Below is a picture of the lens I dropped but it was buffed out by me using this method...

DSC_0021_0001.jpg

Shiny, right? Just keep the buffer moving back and forth, keep the lens wet with No. 7 and you'll be hitting a home run every time. Just remember the most important thing here: Patience!
Hope this helps you and I've explained it well enough. Take care.

Bruce '87 Grand National

You're welcome, my friend....I think you'll be pleased with your results.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Black Plastic Trim

Hi Bruce,

Good info. I just want to know how do you remove the black plastic trim around the rear lenses? I see them removed in the picture. I do not have my car here to check it out. Thanks.

Regards,
Realspartan