police lights dimmers

That was John F. Kennedy, Jr. , not Robert. He had no flashing lights to distract him..........he was flying in the dark and got what is commonly known in flight as "spatial disoreintation" which is the term to discribe losing all points of reference to the earth while flying in darkness........he couldn't tell which way was up, down, side ways, upside down nothing.......so he unknowingly flew the plane right into the ocean.....you've got to fly by instruments or have daylight to have reference to the earth......Kennedy was not cleared for night flying via instruments..........you can easily get disorented at night if you can't see where you are in relation to the horizon.............or trusting your instruments..........ask me how I know.

The pilot of Buddy Holley's plane suffered the same condition back in '59. That's why the plane crashed.........flying in a blinding snowstorm out of Mason City Airport, Iowa, pitch darkness, and not cleared for instrument flying....big, big mistake that cost the world a lot of talent.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Yeah not exactly a perfect analogy but my point is when your disoriented you can be realy fucked really fast.

My step daughter has epilepsy. She is sensitive to flashing lights. Concert light shows, video games, sunlight flickering between trees and yes flashing strobe lights on police/fire vehicles can trigger a seizure. The flashing can be disorientating, especially when there are several vehicles strung out on both sides of the road. I understand the reason for the lights but I still believe they are overdone.

hello boys and girls; Here's something I heard this morning about safety. You know all those new Prius type cars that use electricity as part of there power. Well now they want them to make more noise as there dangerous to blind people and cyclists because they don't here them. They are real quiet when running. So maybe your going to be able to choose your sound?. How about a TurboBuick v/6 spooling up ready for take off. People are going to have fun with that.
IBBY

hello boys and girls; Here's something I heard this morning about safety. You know all those new Prius type cars that use electricity as part of there power. Well now they want them to make more noise as there dangerous to blind people and cyclists because they don't here them. They are real quiet when running. So maybe your going to be able to choose your sound?. How about a TurboBuick v/6 spooling up ready for take off. People are going to have fun with that.
IBBY

they've been adding artificial sounds to electric cars since about 5 minutes after the first one hit the road...
if i'm ever forced to buy one (and that's the only way i'll ever buy one...), then i want mine to sound like George Jetson's car... also, i want it to fold up into a briefcase like his car... also, fly like his car..

Honestly, even though the lights are bright, it has never really bothered me all that much. Police officers are just people, some good and most pricks, and wanna be safe like everybody else. I think any precaution to make getting pulled over safer should be done... I care about about my life more than somebody pulling me over to make their quota, our accuse me of having drugs. And your parked just ahead of the officer's cruiser.. So being pulled over in general is putting you in a dangerous situation.. Which leads me to my point. It has happened MULTIPLE times where I have been getting pulled over in a very bad area to be stopped at (two lanes, high speeds, very close to an intersection, ext) so I drive until I find a good spot (side street, parking lot, low traffic) and when the officer comes up to my window, they all bitch about how I didn't stop right away.. Even though I make it completely obvious.. Turn signal and hand motions. So I don't wanna hear about officers not feeling safe enough, when I get bitched at for doing the safest thing possible. GET THE F#@& OFF THE MAIN ROAD. As far as highway patrol goes.. You took the dangerous job, don't make it dangerous for other people. If people truly get blinded by the light.. dim the lights a little.. What's the big deal, if someone driving doesn't see your slightly dimmer lights, they will probably hit you anyway.

I respect officers that deserve respect and give me respect. I don't hate the police at all, I just believe they are a necessary evil.

That's my two cents.. Even though I got off topic a little. :)

Honestly, even though the lights are bright, it has never really bothered me all that much. Police officers are just people, some good and most pricks, and wanna be safe like everybody else. I think any precaution to make getting pulled over safer should be done... I care about about my life more than somebody pulling me over to make their quota, our accuse me of having drugs. And your parked just ahead of the officer's cruiser.. So being pulled over in general is putting you in a dangerous situation.. Which leads me to my point. It has happened MULTIPLE times where I have been getting pulled over in a very bad area to be stopped at (two lanes, high speeds, very close to an intersection, ext) so I drive until I find a good spot (side street, parking lot, low traffic) and when the officer comes up to my window, they all bitch about how I didn't stop right away.. Even though I make it completely obvious.. Turn signal and hand motions. So I don't wanna hear about officers not feeling safe enough, when I get bitched at for doing the safest thing possible. GET THE F#@& OFF THE MAIN ROAD. As far as highway patrol goes.. You took the dangerous job, don't make it dangerous for other people. If people truly get blinded by the light.. dim the lights a little.. What's the big deal, if someone driving doesn't see your slightly dimmer lights, they will probably hit you anyway.

I respect officers that deserve respect and give me respect. I don't hate the police at all, I just believe they are a necessary evil.

That's my two cents.. Even though I got off topic a little. :)
the lights aren't dimmable as they dont work off the interior light switch, rather their own box