Plymouth Road Runner Concept Car on Ebay..

I'd like to see the finished product. No way in hell I would pay that price, but I think it will be a pretty cool car if someone out there is willing to drop that kind of coin on it.

When I first saw the price I figured it was a joke.....but it's not. That is one auction that won't be bid on by anyone.

It's being built by independents? Not Chrysler? Who cares then... it's just another custom unless Chrysler builds it.

1st runs and prototypes

as we all know or should you never buy a car when it's 1st introduced and sold. there are so many problems that aren't found until they are mass produced and who would you take it to if it needed to be fixed. i'm sure if you drop that kinda cash your not gonna take it to the local lube shop or walmart. but still all the recalls on cars when they 1st come out and even the ones after they've been on the road for several yrs outta be a lesson to not buy into the hype. wonder what the new camaro's weakness is going to be. a guy who works with my wife has a new Z28 he received a few months back. nice car but still scares the heck outta me if your talking about new designs and stuff like that.

How would they make this car even road legal? To pass the governements safety tests a car company is required to send 5 of each model to the U.S. governement for tests....so how do the custom cars work it?

Price is CRAZY and they are trying to make it look like the worst looking RR ever made, think I will pass.:biggrin:

Eh, so what? I'd much rather have a real deal one. A 69 or 70 would be cool. That doesn't look anything like a Road Runner, much like the Charger doesn't look like a real Charger. The Challenger is pretty close though. I've never understood why the car companies don't re-release a classic. I know I'd buy a brand new 69 Z28, or a 72 Chevelle, or one of the big Belvedere style GTX's. Imagine a brand spanking new 55 Bel Aire with the new LS series big displacement small blocks.

Plain and simple none of these cars have any character anymore. They either need to stop trying or come up with something cool again. Go and speak with the guys from the 50's and 60's that designed real cars with real power and real interiors.

I understand that the way cars were made in the past would be to expensive in todays standards but damn it... come up with better ideas...