Plug Wires

the problem i had was 2+4 needed 90 degree boots that way they don't hit the downpipe,the straight boots on regal ones don't work to good because of this!

can't remember if there was a problem on # 5 maybe a 90 needed there too! not sure?

+2 on the Russ Merritt wires, just told him what DP I had and the ones that needed a 90 boot had 'em and the ones that didn't had the straight boot.

I was recently looking for plug wires also, I didn't realise the stock replacement AC Delco #616N wire set is no longer made, since I'm a new owner to the TTA. I just come across a Delphi wire set XS10348 witch is for the TTA only, has any body every tried this wire set for a stock replacement? What size & kind plug wires does Russ make/ and or have?

I was recently looking for plug wires also, I didn't realise the stock replacement AC Delco #616N wire set is no longer made, since I'm a new owner to the TTA. I just come across a Delphi wire set XS10348 witch is for the TTA only, has any body every tried this wire set for a stock replacement? What size & kind plug wires does Russ make/ and or have?

8 or 8.5 MM MSD's.

Jason

Russ' wires are black. You might want to tell him to make your wires for a car with a 3" DP on it in case you go to one down the road. If you have a stock DP on the car, the GN wires work fine. I used some red MSDs on my TTA before I switched to Russ' wires.

I'd disagree...they work "ok". There were two on my car that were stretched tight.

Jason

I had the Red MSD 8.5 that I got from Ramchargers years ago. They fit perfect. Every single wire. Maybe they vary from brand to brand. But the ones I had fit perfect. If anything #6 was long on mine. None of mine had to be stretched.

I used MSD universal V8 set from Summit $70-$80...comes withe 3 different boots. You need to cut the wires to length and crimp the terminals on the ends. The kit came with the crimp tool also. Wasn't hard to do and they fit perfect.

Mine are red but I think the same kit is now available in black as well.

I would just get the wires from Russ. They look great and fit like a glove. Worth every penny. :biggrin: