Plenum Riser ?

jdpolzin

Hey guys just a quick question. I have a 1/2" plenum riser plate and am wondering if it really does anything and would be worth puting on my car? I have the doghouse off right now because Im painting it and just wondering if I should put that plate on or not? My car is basically 100% stock. Thanks

the biggest advantage to using a plenum riser would be that you would be able to run a bigger maf pipe (i.e... 4").... i dont really know of any other.

OK thanks, I wasn't sure. My buddy sold me this and told me that I ever plan on modding my car, I should put this on when I have the plenum off. I wont put it on because I'd like to stay stock anyways. Probably just post it for sale.

hmmmm youre from davenport? Im in moline. You should give me a call sometime. 3097386978 cell# Im in the process of rubuilding my GNs motor.

For a stock doghouse the spacer doesn't do anything, it was advertised as helping distribute the air better into all cylinders but it doesn't, the RJC plate does a much better job. I wouldn't waste my time on it, I had one for a while, took it off and put it on ebay and got $80 for it.

I run a 4inch MAF pipe without a plenum spacer. It's a tight fit with the up pipe, but it all bolted up ok. I did relocate the IAC motor using an angle boss. It could have fit, but I wasn't happy with how tight it was on my setup.

I do have a phenolic plenum spacer in my toolbox from the days when folks thought it would drop my time a tenth... It's sitting right beside my pinion snubber, and TPS-TEC.. :)

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

That you Jeremy? It's me, Jay! Don't bother with that spacer. I ran one I custom machined only to gain back a little plenum area with the "winged" doghouse on my old 11 second T-Type. If you are looking to do anything like that, get an RJC Powerplate. Will actually help and not even really be noticeable. There are a LOT of things you can do to that car performance-wise and have it still look totally stock!

Take Care and we'll go smoke some 'Stangs when the weather gets nice! ('Cept my Cobra, that is!)

Man I wouldn't want to race your stang even if somebody paid me!!!!! For that matter, your WE4 either!!! Nice to hear from ya Jay. Ive been doing basically nothing but wrenching in my garage latley, you'll have to stop by!!