Please tell me what this is...

1986_GNAT

When I was looking to replace my pcv valve, I found this connector with what looks like 2 vacuum nozzles sitting next on top/next to the pcv valve, it has a pigtail connector and I see no vacuum hoses anywhere that connect to it, please help me by telling me what it is and why it's there, just purchased the car a year ago and I'm trying to learn the most I can about it. Thanks in advance gentlemen!

Attachments

• 20160604_195100.jpg
    20160604_195100.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 289
Boost solenoid. You probably the vac lines running tuner style with a boost controller like RJC has or something like that. See where the vac line runs that's attached to you Wastegate actuator.

It needs to be hooked up or it will throw a code, that's why it was left on...
Only on port went to the turbo/actuator, the other is a vent that at one time had a silly sponge filter on it. They last about a week.

Boost solenoid. You probably the vac lines running tuner style with a boost controller like RJC has or something like that. See where the vac line runs that's attached to you Wastegate actuator.

I'm really really really new, I'm just barely taking time to learn all parts, does this picture help identify the Wastegate vacuum runs?

Attachments

• 20160604_210722.jpg
    20160604_210722.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 160
It needs to be hooked up or it will throw a code, that's why it was left on...
Only on port went to the turbo/actuator, the other is a vent that at one time had a silly sponge filter on it. They last about a week.

I see, thank you.

I see, thank you.
Depends on what chip you have and what era but I heard Eric has been writing this out of the new chips. You could unplug and see if the CES light comes on.

Pic isn't too clear as you need to show the front of the turbo and the lines that run from it and the WG actuator.

Don't worry about asking questions either, it's how we all learn! We all started somewhere!

Depends on what chip you have and what era but I heard Eric has been writing this out of the new chips. You could unplug and see if the CES light comes on.

Pic isn't too clear as you need to show the front of the turbo and the lines that run from it and the WG actuator.

Don't worry about asking questions either, it's how we all learn! We all started somewhere!

I think the last mods were done in 2002 or so. The older gentleman I bought the car from was told the following things below were done to it, then it sat for a bunch of years. The car has 27,000 miles I put about 1,000 on it, including the drive from Michigan to my home when I bought it. This is what he was told that was done to it, please keep in mind I'm working on my memory here, as he was also working on his.

55lb injectors

TE 63-2 Turbo

GN1 aluminum Champion heads

Tony dequick? "Intercooler the v1 or v2 he didn't remember but the "smaller" of the 2

Upgraded fuel pump (probably the walbro255)

Smc alkyl injection kit (hobbs type switch doesn't work on controller, makes hissing sound so I cut vacuum and put a screw to plug the line)

A goody bag of various chips, still haven't gotten to check what chip is installed.

Tie strap tied to keep motor from flexing..?

That's all I know for now.

I'm sure with all you guys I'll learn about this car and will pay it forward by helping others once I learn it well enough.

I think the last mods were done in 2002 or so. The older gentleman I bought the car from was told the following things below were done to it, then it sat for a bunch of years. The car has 27,000 miles I put about 1,000 on it, including the drive from Michigan to my home when I bought it. This is what he was told that was done to it, please keep in mind I'm working on my memory here, as he was also working on his.

55lb injectors

TE 63-2 Turbo

GN1 aluminum Champion heads

Tony dequick? "Intercooler the v1 or v2 he didn't remember but the "smaller" of the 2

Upgraded fuel pump (probably the walbro255)

Smc alkyl injection kit (hobbs type switch doesn't work on controller, makes hissing sound so I cut vacuum and put a screw to plug the line)

A goody bag of various chips, still haven't gotten to check what chip is installed.

Tie strap tied to keep motor from flexing..?

That's all I know for now.

I'm sure with all you guys I'll learn about this car and will pay it forward by helping others once I learn it well enough.
High powered turbo. More on that later.
Badass heads.
The intercooler is trash. I'll give you $5 for it!! Just kiddin'. De quick is old school but good school.
Keep an eye on the fuel pump by way of monitoring fuel pressure. You do have a FP gauge, right?
Since you've disabled the alky injection, it would be a very good idea to find what is controlling your boost pressure. Check the compressor side of the turbo and you'll find a vac hose connected to a brass nipple. Follow that hose. You're bound to run into a boost controller of some sort. You need to turn that boost down. It may be cranked up high since there's an alky kit on the car. Then there will be another Jose going from the controller to the wastegate actuator.
If it was me, I'd remove the tie strap that's keeping the motor from flexing. It can bust the ear off the alternator bracket. A lot of guys have removed them and replaced the driver side motor mount with an HR motor mount instead.
Oh yeah - does it have a scanmaster??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High powered turbo. More on that later.
Badass heads.
The intercooler is trash. I'll give you $5 for it!! Just kiddin'. De quick is old school but good school.
Keep an eye on the fuel pump by way of monitoring fuel pressure. You do have a FP gauge, right?
Since you've disabled the alky injection, it would be a very good idea to find what is controlling your boost pressure. Check the compressor side of the turbo and you'll find a vac hose connected to a brass nipple. Follow that hose. You're bound to run into a boost controller of some sort. You need to turn that boost down. It may be cranked up high since there's an alky kit on the car. Then there will be another Jose going from the controller to the wastegate actuator.
If it was me, I'd remove the tie strap that's keeping the motor from flexing. It can bust the ear off the alternator bracket. A lot of guys have removed them and replaced the driver side motor mount with an HR motor mount instead.
Oh yeah - does it have a scanmaster??

Ok, in order to see the compressor side do i have to remove the cover? this is another picture i took of it, is that gray tee the one i should follow?

Yes, it has a Scanmaster.

Attachments

• Resized_20160604_210805.jpeg
    Resized_20160604_210805.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 127
Okay, at the top of that pic, a little above the solenoid you first asked about is a grey plastic Y. That's what we are looking for. We just cant see where the hoses are coming and going from that attach to it. If you take a pic from the front side, standing by the nose of the car we may be able to see it.
Basically like my avatar pic but a little closer up in the turbo area.

I would be extremely careful with boost. First off that alky is old and probably not functioning well enough to experiment with. All those chips are probably running way too much timing. A 255 is probably not enough pump for the fuel needed.
If it were me I would refresh the fuel system with a Racetronix or Nick's fuel sender and bigger pump, 60 or 80 lb injectors, Alkycontrol kit and TT alky chip. I'ld also change the fuel filter and dump that strap for a pair of HR motor mounts. Sounds like it's got lots of potential.

Okay, at the top of that pic, a little above the solenoid you first asked about is a grey plastic Y. That's what we are looking for. We just cant see where the hoses are coming and going from that attach to it. If you take a pic from the front side, standing by the nose of the car we may be able to see it.
Basically like my avatar pic but a little closer up in the turbo area.

I'll take a closer picture in a few and post it

I would be extremely careful with boost. First off that alky is old and probably not functioning well enough to experiment with. All those chips are probably running way too much timing. A 255 is probably not enough pump for the fuel needed.
If it were me I would refresh the fuel system with a Racetronix or Nick's fuel sender and bigger pump, 60 or 80 lb injectors, Alkycontrol kit and TT alky chip. I'ld also change the fuel filter and dump that strap for a pair of HR motor mounts. Sounds like it's got lots of potential.

Thank you , I've hardly gotten boost up to over 8 and ill be careful until i'm able to get all the new parts i need.

Or just tell us what the hoses on that gray "y" connect to.
The confusing thing for us right now is that the gray y you have there is normally connected to the boost solenoid in a factory setup.
You also need to find out what chip is in it.