Please tell me this will work.

mycarsucks

Rambler
I went intercooled, and am having the notorious wastegate fit problem. An external wastegat is/was looking like my last resort until I was browsing the PTE site and found this picture of a ta-49.

http://www.precisionte.com/storeimages/ta49.jpg

Now, it looks to me like this setup could possibly work for my setup. has anyone that has gone with turbomotion or their own setup tried this as a remedy? It would be a good excuse to get a new turbo and save some money. Is it possible just to get the wastegate or wastegate/elbow setup?

If your having hood clearence problems. And if you have an adjustable 87 wastegate. What you need to do is remove the housing from the bracket and rotate it 180 degrees and weld together again. If it a hot air wastegate then the inlet is in the right place. I think the bracket can be shortened too, to bring the housing closer to the turbo. I fit an 87 wastegate from postons and the V2 setup under my hood. I did rub on the hood insulator though.

I put on the 86/7 wastegate actuator on my TurboMotion set up and did a lot of mods (as above),plus reshaped the bracket and
it also rubs the hood.